MTV launching nationwide search for new Menudo

novella

breakfast time
Reaction score
menudocantgetenoughfronrx8.jpg

Casting calls for the new Menudo kick off March 31 near Los Angeles, with the cameras rolling for reality shows on MTV and its bilingual sibling MTV Tr3s.

A recording contract with Epic Records is already in place for the reincarnated Latin supergroup once it forms after a nationwide talent search.

MTV Tr3s will document the "Road to Menudo" in a four-part special beginning May 12. MTV will broadcast a 10-episode show around the final five finalists this fall, with a debut album from Epic scheduled to drop in December.

Veteran boy-band manager Johnny Wright (Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync) and a panel of celebrity judges will supervise auditions for boys who are at least 15 years old and "appear to be less than 19."

Contestants will be asked to sing an English or Spanish song from a list on http://www.mtvtr3s.com. Auditions take place March 31 at Plaza Mexico in Lynwood, CA; on April 14 at Miami's Bayside Marketplace; April 21 at Dallas' Valley View Mall; and on April 28 at the Queens Center Mall in Queens, NY.

( source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070308/music_nm/menudo_dc )

^ :huh: Boy bands are so 2002. Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread so feel free to move it, mods. :smile:

Oh my.....mmmph. :huh:
I think it's a little late to jump on the boy band wagon, but then again you never know! ^_^

Urban Stylin said:
..what is meduno??

Is old boy band from like the 80s (I think) that I heard was lame. Ricky Martin was in this band................:innocent:

^ That's a pretty good explanation. Moreover, they were notorious for replacing their members every few years when the singers got too 'old' or when their voices started to change because of puberty.

I have a follow-up article:

Menudo reforming for MTV reality series

30j7aqa.jpg

Abner Collazo, 19, of Tampa, Fla., sings in Miami, Saturday, April 14, 2007 during a casting session to recreate Menudo, one of the most successful Latin pop singing groups. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee)

The Puerto Rican boy band Menudo, which gave singer Ricky Martin his start, is coming back as part of an "American Idol"-style reality show.

Dozens of Latino teenagers showed up for auditions Saturday at a waterfront market in Miami, the Miami Herald reported. Judges included Johnny Wright, the music manager behind New Kids on the Block, 'NSync and the Backstreet Boys, and Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough.

Menudo was one of the most popular boy bands of the 1980s and '90s, rotating in new talent every few years when the singers got old or their voices changed.

"We're going to make it a little different than it was before," Wright told the Herald. "The beat is going to be the beats of the street now — club, hip-hop and rock. It's not going to be something that's pigeonholed."

Seven boys from auditions being held around the country will be picked to film the series "The Road to Menudo," airing next month on MTV Tr3s, MTV's bilingual Latin-American channel.

(image & source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070415/ap_en_tv/people_menudo)

^ I don't know why but this story still amuses me. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->