Muse #24 Fall 2010 : Anja Rubik by Sundsbo, Zhang Ziyi by Yu Tsai, Eniko by Davidson

Pics look great!

Shame about the cover. Not good imo. Im not fan of magazines with plain colors as background (a la Cosmopolitan). The photoshop always look terrible on a plain background.

I've decided I like the cover and Anja's ed looks fab but the fact that Liu got completely screwed over makes me barf.

What the :censored: possessed them to put "China Girl" on the cover?????? I am not saying that the cover would be universally liked (I like it a lot sans text and the preview shots are fab) but I would be willing to bet that those two words are going to automatically downgrade the cover for a good chunk of the people who come across it.

What does it even mean? Is it an acknowledgment / celebration of the Chinese fashion consumer? Are they saying that Chinese girls / women are the muses of the fashion industry? Are they just being random or whimsical?

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover shot is gorgeous is seductive indeed. But the TAGLINE is beyond cheap and irrelevant to the image. If they chose a CHINESE theme they should`ve given the cover to Liu

Are they serious? China Girl? Then why there's a blonde European girl on the cover?
I can only hope it features more Chinese or Asian girls inside the mag.-_-:doh:

^I actually feel like the cover would be even more insulting if there were actually more Chinese models in the issue :ninja:

"China Girl" is a David Bowie song. Anyway, It looks a bit spacy, most likely could've been assembled through Microsoft Word. This type of cover will probably look a lot better when you see it on the newsstands, in real life.

The cover is absolutely amazing. Anja and Liu both look sensational in their editorials aswell.

Just heard there is another cover. So there are two.
More on this as I sift through emails lol

I like the cover! ^_^
And i don't get what the problem is if that's not a chinese girl on the cover... i can easily remember the cover with "made in usa", and magdalena was the covergirl...

What the :censored: possessed them to put "China Girl" on the cover?????? I am not saying that the cover would be universally liked (I like it a lot sans text and the preview shots are fab) but I would be willing to bet that those two words are going to automatically downgrade the cover for a good chunk of the people who come across it.

What does it even mean? Is it an acknowledgment / celebration of the Chinese fashion consumer? Are they saying that Chinese girls / women are the muses of the fashion industry? Are they just being random or whimsical?

I agree.

I don't find the tagline offensive-- just rather awkward and inappropriate as the term "China Girl" seems like one of those outdated references like "oriental" used as a verb to describe all Asians. And to put a non-Asian girl on the over to accompany that title? Really, WTF? I don't get it.

Having said that, Anja is beautifully photographed, and the overall design and production of this glossy is impressive.

I like the cover! ^_^
And i don't get what the problem is if that's not a chinese girl on the cover... i can easily remember the cover with "made in usa", and magdalena was the covergirl...

Because "Made in USA" does not imply a Caucasian person-- that's a very open-ended term used to describe anything, and Americans are not all Caucasian. Whereas "China Girl" implies specifically Chinese female, and I don't think Anja is Chinese...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->