V #55 September/October 2008 : 14 Model Covers by Inez & Vinoodh

Oh my God... Tyra ed's is horrible... Only Sessilee is looking beautiful.

what is that? tyra's pretending like a barbie doll?? i don;t like her pose except the first pic

That's awful... this is like the worst issue of V Magazine ever published.

Tyra is looking quite good...that second shot of her in that hat is amazing.

tyra looks like lil kims brave sister....horrible........she looks to curvy next to sesilee...i dont like it......and especially the hair colour is bad......

Oh Tyra...:lol:

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you
Where are you going to?
Do you know...?

:heart: Mahogany

^^ :rofl:
the only thing I like is the colours

I Hate Tyra in V Sessile are beautiful, but i hate...:yuk:
My turn:yuk::sick:! Seriously I'm not understanding...this ain't tv,jokes! And you mean to tell me those people at V not only brought her aboard but also put her in an edit with another model?! Whaaat:huh:?! A decent one at that...it just exposes Tyra even more. The girl Lee hasn't been modeling that long(*snap my fingers) yet she looks like the veteran here...shame! Get outtta here! Granted I love to see diversity in the mags with them using minority models. But if you're gonna do it,do it right. They could've used someone else. Again they can't be serious...this has to stop,show or no show,jokes!

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought tyra looked good. especially in that fake V cover. :ermm:

yes the woman is crazy, but she knows how to model.

and MMA i must disagree with you. :flower: this issue of V is very promising. Agyness' and Eniko's editorials and interview are very good. Especially Agyness' which doesn't feed you any of that supermodel foolsihness. Heidi's editorial is good. Also theres the small stuff, like an interview is DVF, and with a couple of tv actors who haven't been thrown down our throats a 1000 times. Also there's V A Model, with pictures of all our favorite models.

I'm satisfied, and that's not exactly an easy thing to do. :lol:

:o that ed is so horrible that it's even interesting! all the backgrounds look as if they didn't belong to the photo, and the textures are so plastic, and the colours so badly saturated. The last thing that shocks me is Tyra, let's say that she's in consonance with the rest of the disaster.

I dont understand this Tyra ed hate
i think its mainly baecause they dont like her
(I could be wrong) Tyra and Sessilee both look curvy
in that shot..ok Tyra's hair is bad..she didnt do it..
she looks very lovely especially the first shot..perhaps a cover shot
i dont like tyra's personality..doesnt mean she cant take a good picture
those shots of her are well done

Note to Tyra: People stopped posing like that in the 1940s

but i thought that was the theme of the
ed..it looks pretty old fashioned to me
n u hav 2 admit the pose sessilee is doin isnt
verry innovative either..Tyra is giving personality

Last edited by a moderator:
dont get me wrong personally i like her...but there she looks horrible....retouched till dead... like a transsexual....she is a pretty woman but with this styling and makeup and hair......mhhh i dont know....

i think she should be styled more minimal...and the team should try to work against her natural beauty....i think mert and markus and karl templer should do something with her for interview magazine......she should be more stronger and less feminine....

^Styling is a factor but its not everything...her poses & eyes. Not good. Its like she's always that way 'surprised'.

the bottom line is that tyra is an attention wh*re.

she does these ridiculous modeling 101 poses that have noting to do with the background or theme, and they really take away from the images. she has to learn that a model's job is to convey a photographer's vision and make the clothes look good.

I think it is a little over posed or too forced. I think since she didnt get to do much high fashion stuff, she probably thinks that they are still doing the same tired poses from the 90's etc. Where a majority of the stuff was "pose and snap" today its more kamikaze style where its all about "move around and snap and hope to god that shot was good" Its all about capturing a moment a la Testino and Elgort. Us Vogue also does this stuff (Trentini and the constant jumping). Posing still very much exists but I feel now its more about posing without being tooo obvious ur posing. As for Tyra maybe she should stop trying to improve smiling with her eyes,:lol: and start trying to pose without posing....if that makes sense. If she wants to continue to get all this high profile stuff. Kudos on getting all this HF work, Miesel, Bazaar September Cover, V magazine.

Tyra and Sessilee's ed the first two pictures are nice, but both of the second ones are awful. At least Sessilee's face looks nice. But those settings are seriously awful!

I'm surprised (well, not surprised) that people think that Sessilee outshined Tyra. To me, Sessilee looks rather unexprerienced infront of the camera while Tyra seems a lot more confident and comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->