V #55 September/October 2008 : 14 Model Covers by Inez & Vinoodh

Overall ,is this worth buying? I'm thinking about it because the alleged Rachel Weisz Vogue isn't in stores yet and this would be my only other affordable option.

Ughh Tyra:sick: Excuse me if someone like her but I can't stand her...SO overposed, and the blond wig:yuk:.

Let's talk about Eniko:wub: She looks gorgeous, and My favorite cover is Anja's. It reminds me a bit of her shot for the Before and After shoot also on V some time ago.

and Stam:buzz:

Tyra is good (for her age) it's the photo that's bad ... a model poses as the photographer asks her ...

the bottom line is that tyra is an attention wh*re.

she does these ridiculous modeling 101 poses that have noting to do with the background or theme, and they really take away from the images. she has to learn that a model's job is to convey a photographer's vision and make the clothes look good.

There's not a single model in this world that directs her own shoot. She has probably been coached in the posing process until she gave what they needed from her.

The whole ed is kitschy and is a take on how over the top models from back in the 70's were. The vision they are trying to convey will become alot clearer if folks have actually seen the movie.

^Jay,you know Miss Ross was fierce in that movie...yet this edit is a disappointment. You can give attitude and not make it come out like this(edit). Besides,Lee looks decent. And GB I have to say as someone who was a model & mag freak coming up in the 90s it was nothing like this edit,honey trust me!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's not a single model in this world that directs her own shoot. She has probably been coached in the posing process until she gave what they needed from her.

The whole ed is kitschy and is a take on how over the top models from back in the 70's were. The vision they are trying to convey will become alot clearer if folks have actually seen the movie.

some photographers such as mario testino have a clear cut plan and know exectly what they want to do for the shoot, while most other photographers give the expirienced girls much more freedom with their posing. so i am sure faena gave tyra a ton of freedom with her posing...

Last edited by a moderator:
but i thought that was the theme of the
ed..it looks pretty old fashioned to me
n u hav 2 admit the pose sessilee is doin isnt
verry innovative either..Tyra is giving personality

:lol: True, the theme does seem to be old fashioned. I guess I was just commenting on the same thing as Gaultier_Bandit. She looks like she is trying to pose instead of making it look natural, like Sessilee does.

The unstoppable Tyra Banks and the inimitable Sessilee Lopez join forces in the new issue of V. Recreating the 1970s Diana Ross classic Mahogany the duo play model muses. Sebastian Faena continues to utilize disco era source material to pair the best of the supermodel generation with the best of the new breed of rising model powerhouses. Recall his similarly epic Eyes of Laura Mars editorial featuring Linda Evangelista and Raquel Zimmermann.

Source: Models.com

1175703381_orig_2.jpg

1093978900_orig_1.jpg

1017050235_orig_v5.jpg

1285618461_orig_3.jpg

i just don't get this girl sessilee's appeal...then again i never really understood tyra's appeal either...:innocent: neither of them look good imo...sorry..

The Tyra V thread has been merged with this one because the Tyra cover is part of Tyra and Sessilee's editorial, it is NOT an individual new issue of V. There is also a very lovely faux Bazaar cover for Sessilee as well.

Sessilee's fake Bazaar cover is stunning. I wish it was real.

i just don't get this girl sessilee's appeal...then again i never really understood tyra's appeal either...:innocent: neither of them look good imo...sorry..

I agree with you about Tyra, she doesn't look good here and I hate the blonde hair . I love Sessilee though, she looks gorgeous in that editorial

why does Lara look weird in her cover? I want to like it because I love her but something's off about it.

ugh tyra looks terrible in that ed... especially if compared to sessilee, who i think is fabulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->