My "new" Vintage Bag. Anyone Else Dig Old Bags?

buggy

Reaction score
I've been in total vintage mode for some reason (I think in HS I bought most of my clothes in second hand shops). I found this bag and totally fell in love. Looks like a great winter bag. It looks like it will "slouch" alot, which is sort of a look I've liked recently. It says "Timmy Woods, 1977" on a leather tag inside. What do you think? It was an impulse buy. I can't wait for it to get here. Anyone here purchased any vintage bags recently?

nov22WoodsSlouchBag2.jpg

nov22WoodsSlouchBag3.jpg

nov22WoodsSlouchBag5.jpg

Another cute vintage find:

85_1_b.JPG

So no one likes old bags?

vintage is, essentially second hand, but usually older and still in great condition. Those bags are great finds! The shape of the first one is fab and the second one has so many great great features!!! Love the clasp, and the color and wear of the leather!

I bought my self a vintage clutch not so long ago and another one to change, it's white leather, it's horrible on the inside and the leather itsn't too nice, I'm goint go get my grandmother to help me re-make it :smile:

Attachments

• Clutch1.jpg
    Clutch1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Veski.jpg
    Veski.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 71
I wish I had an artistic side, I've seen a ton of bags I'd love to redo, in different colors and such. Same with clothes. :smile:

I have a vintage bag addiction... going over 70 now. *gasp*

I'm insane though... I just bought a new armoire to hold them all.

btw, there is an entire thread on this already. merge may be in order?

I really like the first one. Esp. because of the size and shape.

I love vintage bags. Even the "low-end" bags were more stylish and were well made back in the 60s, 70s....they weren't so vinyl and cheap looking.

Cheers to vintage! :flower:

Labeladdict2 said:
I love vintage bags. Even the "low-end" bags were more stylish and were well made back in the 60s, 70s....they weren't so vinyl and cheap looking.

Cheers to vintage! :flower:

i agree

just found this...and it totally reminds me of the chloe edith and her spring bags!!!:woot: but i have so many damn bags...i dont think i'll keep it:blink:

Attachments

• 20060406_0593.JPG
    20060406_0593.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20060406_0581.JPG
    20060406_0581.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 11
jun3machina said:
just found this...and it totally reminds me of the chloe edith and her spring bags!!!:woot: but i have so many damn bags...i dont think i'll keep it:blink:

Jun --You should keep it ! It's gorgeous!:woot:

errrrrrrrrrr.....handbaglover your right! the minute i bought this at the thrift store, i nearly freaked out, it is so gorgeous in real life....but because i buy a lot of vintage bags to resell, i have like a pile of 50 bags in my room, waiting to be sold....i put this one up on ebay, despite how much i loved it....buuuuuuuuutttttttt.....i just ended the auction because of an "error in the lsiting" hahahah because i really would like to keep it. thanks for giving me that extra thought to make me say "what the hell am i doing. im gonna keep this puppie!"

here is my vintage clutch. I mostly buy vintage jewels...but I do have this clutch

Last edited by a moderator:
jun3machina said:
errrrrrrrrrr.....handbaglover your right! the minute i bought this at the thrift store, i nearly freaked out, it is so gorgeous in real life....but because i buy a lot of vintage bags to resell, i have like a pile of 50 bags in my room, waiting to be sold....i put this one up on ebay, despite how much i loved it....buuuuuuuuutttttttt.....i just ended the auction because of an "error in the lsiting" hahahah because i really would like to keep it. thanks for giving me that extra thought to make me say "what the hell am i doing. im gonna keep this puppie!"

Hey --So glad you decided to keep it --it really is a great bag & color and for the price you paid!:woot: I need to find myself some great finds like that! Congrats again!!

I don't have the bag here, so can't post a pic - but I have a brown croc. leather lined frame bag (approx. 12" x 10") - perfect condition except for some wear on the strap - that I bought in a resale store about 10 years ago for $40. Created a chain strap from a belt so I can wear as a shoulder bag if I want to. LOVE IT!

I love vintage bags! I just bought this bag at a local thrift shop. It kinda reminds me of the stam bag, but just a little. It's really pretty.

Attachments

• DSCN1288.JPG
    DSCN1288.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"