My "new" Vintage Bag. Anyone Else Dig Old Bags?

muxu, that crocodile bag is so cool!:D

Voodoo, You have so many cool vintage hanbags! I adore them! You must have a massise handbag collection?^_^

This is a vintage grey bag that I found in my grandmothers closet. I really like it, but it's not "well used". It has this horrid smell from being in a closet for maybe 10 years... How do I get rid of that smell?

Attachments

• Grey vintage bag.JPG
    Grey vintage bag.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 4
Mybe try putting it in a sealed bag in with some Baking soda/powder or something?

/\good advice! febreeze (on lining) and/or dryer sheets (inside the bag) work well too.

Luna said:
Mybe try putting it in a sealed bag in with some Baking soda/powder or something?

Really? Wow, never heard of that, but I'll give it a try. The bag is airing right now...

I've done it with a few vintage pieces fo my grandmothers... hey, if it worked on gloves... it shoudl work for a bag.

I also do the dryer sheets on the inside too.. :wink:

I carried this one all last season. Lucite is fragile though :(

Attachments

• grey bag.jpg
    grey bag.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6
fashionista-ta yeah, lucite is more fragile than other cheaper plastics it would seem. i hjave a lucite clutch that has alot of hairline cracks. i dont dare to use it at all.

I love vintage. That is almost the only thing I buy. I have one Mulberry, the rest is vintage..^_^

This is mine (the dress is not mine, but the owner of the bag before I bought it. I was allowed to use the pics)
3048321.jpg 4.JPG kkkjhh.JPG

and I´m thinking about getting this one
Sort vintage.JPG Sort vintage 2.JPG

Hintze

$9. I grabbed it as soon as they put it out.

Attachments

• Feb09 009.jpg
    Feb09 009.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 2
gorgeous bag pavement!

also, as far as vintage odors go, i jut read somewhere that you can use vanilla (for cooking) and put it on a cotton swab in a tupperwear container (also works with lavender oil). make sure it is next to, but not touching, the item....leave in for a few days and it's supposed to work.

I've always loved vintage (especially bags) but I always felt like somebody beat me to the punch at my local thrift stores. This thread has inspired me though!

WOW everyone great bags! I especially love the crocodile one.
Heres my most recent vintage bag purchase...
bead0203wg.jpg

a199_1.JPG

I have a collection of several hundred dating back to 1600's. Great thread!!

i am a vintage bag wh*re

i find the quality if you get a good one is equall to designer bags and all the designer bags i like anyway are ripping on vintage designs and i like structured bags of all sizes

i have a pretty good collection going and am always looking online for good deals because its rare to find cheap ones of excellent quality in boutiques

This is my new(est) vintage bag from Christian Dior

Attachments

• dior1.jpg
    dior1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 90
  • dior2.jpg
    dior2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dior3.jpg
    dior3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Just got this vintage Givenchy at a thrift store today for $40. Do you guys think that price seems too much or about right? I just looked on e-mail and vintage Givenchys seem to be going for about $10.

yeah maybe a bit much for a thrift store, but if you love it and are going to wear it a lot, than it's not too much:smile: It's very cute. The cat is incredibly cute also:smile:

i love old bags. i have 2 vintage emilio pucci and a beaut chanel from the mid-80s
767106.JPG
picture from poshvintage.com
767105.JPG

767108.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back