My "new" Vintage Bag. Anyone Else Dig Old Bags?

omg i got the most gorgeous clutch fromk a charity shop today!! soft purple leather with a gold clasp and when i got home i found it had a matching waistbelt inside!! how cool! and twas only a mere £5!!!!!!!!!! love it

It just means second-hand but you can usually find bags in really good condition that are slightly use. The designer names especially hold up well.

Im crazy about vintage bags...i buy so many i have make sure i change them everyday to make sure i get some use out of them.

Your bags are cute, I never seem to have any luck when looking for nice vintage bags.

vintage_princess said:
weirdcatlady, I love that bag its so chic.

Thanks!:D I just bought another vintage bag. I was very rude and grabbed it right in front of a old lady:blush: . But when I saw it I knew that I had to have it....

Attachments

• New vintage bag.jpg
    New vintage bag.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 11
hahhaha :rofl: when it comes to shopping discount, especially at vintage and thrift stores, if you see it, you better damn well grab it. it's a very competative sport, and i think the only one im good at! :rofl:

:lol: WAHHAHHA!!...Well one has to do what one has to do...I totally agree, shopping is a very competitive sport!

That's a quite a find! Weirdbaglady :wink:

it's been really a challenge for me to find nice vintage bags in good condition.. but I am trying hard.

i love love LOVE vintage clutches especially... i go searching for them all the time. I'm pare-ing down my collection right now to make room for new bags, but i cannot let go of some of them. My faves are a wine red patent leather clutch with a gold clasp, a silver metal mesh clutch from the 1930s, a long sleek floral beaded clutch from the 50s, a bright orange silk small clutch with gold filigree frame, a large blue suede flat clutch (OMG the suede on this one...) and a really long, skinny clutch that I painted orange (used to be a dingy yellow). i should take some pics sometime...

i've had a lot of fun refurbishing vintage clutches too! for a lot of fabric clutches with frame tops, you can just pry (carefully) the frame open and release the old fabric body of the clutch ad then carefull undo the fabric body and use it as a pattern using new fabric. then reattatch the new fabric body by slipping the fabric back into the frame top and (carefully, i use a washcloth inbetween the frame and the pliers) press the frame closed again.

its a stressful process though, its easy to ruin the frame if you arent careful and very patient. i bought a lot of vintage muumuu fabric at a garage sale a few years ago and keep using it to make crazy clutches with it using this technique!

BagladyShoegirl said:
That's a quite a find! Weirdbaglady :wink:

LOL! My dad laughed so hard from that comment. I got my name from my dad joking that when I grow old I'm gonna live alone in a house with 77 cats and all the kids in the neighborhood will be terrified of walking past my house... But now he thinks that I'll have 200 handbags and 77 cats... :lol:

jun3machina said:
just found this...and it totally reminds me of the chloe edith and her spring bags!!!:woot: but i have so many damn bags...i dont think i'll keep it:blink:
i ADORE your bag!!
if you dont want it..i would buy it from you any time

got this at a thirft store
i think this is vintage..=T
thrift37pl.jpg

black crocodile pattern purse (circa 80s?) - $5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
regbijs123