Narciso Rodriguez F/W 09.10 New York

Yeesh! What a load of junk. Id rather suffer through an earthquake and tsumani than have to look at this pile of nothingness.

As mentioned before the toilet bowl hats/helmets/bowls/whatever look so ridiculous it IS funny.
Secondly what is with the stupid black'n'white print on Olga and Bette's outfits. Belle looks like a cow!
Thirdly the whole thing just lacks originality. Ive seen everything here done before. \
Actually I can probably get my mother to make half of this collection.
Ive never really liked NR but this by far his worst attempt at a collection.

It's all very bland and not very aesthetically appealing. I lost interest a quarter of the way through.

I've always been a fan of Narciso but this is too much :shock:. I can count on my fingers how many looks I like. The patterns weren't good and he's still using the same elements from his previous colletions.

yeah mess. But i find few pieces really lovely - for example beige coats or few dresses. But i absolutely HATE helmets and this cow-inspired coat. WTF ?

This is a mess. The first few pictures I was kind of thinking ok, there's some of that old Narciso coming into play. Two posts later I got a look at that camo print wreck on Olga and things just seemed to get worse from there.

Completely agreeing.

This collection obviously lacks inspiration - how can you go from minimal beige bondage and then onto cow print ( ? ? ? ) and camo?

I'm confused right now.

some elements are rather unflattering like the weird hat and the cameo pieces but varies individual pieces like some of the coats and dresses are nicely tailored with subtle interesting details in the cut but kept the silhouette a classic fit. it started out well than with all the questionable pieces in the middle and ended unimpressionable.
anyways, questionable collection that might have some good individual pieces to pick from

Last edited by a moderator:
It's bad news when a designer tunes out from their own collection.

The chain print dress is kind of cool, but I'm not impressed at all with how it was cut. The beige pieces are not at all flattering, their look is just plain ancient.

It's all just very messy.

This reminded me of last season's collection a lot. Just a little worse...

I seem to be the only one who likes it here. I find this to be Narciso's best work since SS07, when he showed in a venue with brick walls. For the first time, he played up his strength and shifted the focus to the tailoring from the flowy empire waist looks that have defined recent trends. True, I could have done without the tights, and the footwear is uncharacteristically lacking, but the collection as a whole is strong and cohesive. The details on the coats recall his more financially confident days. The absence of evening wear may be due to the economy or the fact that people'd rather go short these days, but it's also a welcome return to what Narciso does best--coats and sheaths for the working women. Michelle Obama would agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->