Natalia Vodianova & Justin Portman separate. Natalia dating Antoine Arnault

Of course loving hard work is a good thing it's obvious.
But are stay at home mums lazy people, hanging around all day doing nothing? If you have children you know that raising three is a full time job, exhausting and challenging. Hard work!
Of course some may think it's less interesting, less 'rewarding'.
I remember Natalia saying how much she liked people's attention. I think the true motivation is more there.

Her charity work is a different matter, it is compatible with raising a family, especially as she has so much people to help with that.
But the modelling, always being between two flights. (I'm not inventing that, she says it all the time in interviews) and now acting...
I don't think people would forget about her if she was away for one or two years, I don't think they wouldn't attend her fundraising events.

Anyway, my point is, it's tiring to read all the time what a perfect mum she is and a perfect angel in general.
She is a flesh and blood person, like everybody else, just prettier, richer, more successfull and more in view.
She wants a lot from life, and doesn't sacrifice it for her children.

This just reeks of judgementality.

There is not ONE idea way to be a mother, and no one who has ever praised Natalia's motherhood has ever suggested that her way (a working mom) is better than an alternative way (eg. a stay at home mom). They can both be great, and they can both be not-great - it DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL.

How on earth does one feel entitled to talk (and JUDGE) Natalia's lack of "true motivation" through reading about her and guesswork (if not pure imagination).

From what Natalia has always evinced - she has prioritised being a mother. The approach that she took was to put her career on hold when her children are very young, to have a stay at home husband that is always there for them, and to establish a close supportive system where she sees and is around the children often.

JUST being at home and staying with the kids at home is ONE single method, out of MANY, and it is not - as you seem to suggest - the only and the best option.

There is no need to judge and belittle working mothers - no need to feel sanctimonious - because no one is saying anything about which type of motherhood is better.:rolleyes:

^100% agreed.

Why does being a good mother equate to dropping everything and taking care of the kid(s)? Who says that being a good mother means sacrificing everything for the child(ren)?

Exactly, I don't think money is everything, but in many ways by having a career, Natalia can do things for her children and expose her children to things not possible had she stayed at home. For example, her income allows the children to live very comfortable lives, wanting for nothing (i don't just mean materialism, I mean she could send her children to the best schools and such, in any case money offers greater opportunities).

Also, having her kids around backstage and such in the fashion industry, traveling with her - that's a very different experience most children don't get, and perhaps a very stimulating one that shapes their personalities and world view.

I think it's an extremely personal choice, one that none of us would probably understand. Having personal ambition does not mean ignoring your children, it just means she has to fit both of them together. Compromising one for the other is clearly not on her agenda. How else would you explain her wish for more children?

Recent Image ? :unsure:

42faa0b193af88e74c2eb7b.jpg

bellazon via acfr1968

fashionologie.com
Natalia Vodianova walked a couple of shows in Paris last week (Givenchy, Hakaan), sat in a few more front rows (Louis Vuitton, Valentino, Stella McCartney, Christian Dior), and even found the time to run the Paris half marathon for her Naked Heart charity in between. Her three children accompanied her front row to Stella McCartney, but her husband, Justin Portman — to whom Vodianova has been married since 2001 and who usually pops up wherever she is — was nowhere to be seen. The couple has been plagued by rumors of separation recently, and sources tell Page Six they have been spending less time together; Portman was reportedly at their house in Uruguay during the shows. Vodianova's rep, meanwhile, says: "They are still married. She is traveling and very busy with her career." [NY Post]

WOW, that answer from her rep is more troubling and suspicious than any rumors out there. What kind of answer is that?

i agree.... but i don't think they will divorce... too much money and bad press.

House in Uruguay? A divorce isn't going to help their jet-setting lifestyle.

Source: TheNewYorkTimes

"STYLE
Putting Fairy Tales and Fashion in Play
By SUZYMENKES
Published: June 6, 2011

LONDON — Natalia Vodianova’s life is not quite the fairy tale that fashion myth suggests.

The Russian model was not spotted by a scout while selling vegetables at a stall in her home city of Nizhni Novgorod. She was picked out at a casting in Moscow after joining an agency.

The reality of her life from age 11 was lugging boxes of apples or pears (‘They were the heaviest ,’ the model said.), between running back to the impoverished family apartment to check on her disabled half-sister, who has cerebral palsy.

‘I was responsible since I was six,’ said Ms. Vodianova, 29, lowering her glacier-blue eyes as she described the ‘humiliation’ of coping with her sister’s ‘pee, pooh and dribble,’ her wanton trashing of Natalia’s school books, and the endless walking through the mean neighborhood, the only concrete space with monkey bars and bench hijacked by beer-drinking teenagers.

‘A playground would have been a dream for me — I didn’t have anywhere to take my sister,’ she said, explaining the origins of her Naked Heart Foundation (www.nakedheart.org), which has built 60 play parks in 44 Russian cities.

Life has been bittersweet for the young woman who has reached the summit of modeling but seen her marriage to the British aristocrat Justin Portman end in separation.

Yet Ms. Vodianova, with a steely character behind the sweet face and child-like body, still believes in Russian fairy tales and fables, with their complex dragons and firebirds.

To mirror that magical reality, the model asked 40 designers to each create a dress for the White Fairy Tale Love Ball, a Russian-inspired fund-raiser that will take place near Paris during the July haute couture season at the Wideville chateau of Valentino and his partner, Giancarlo Giammetti.

Forty one-of-a-kind dresses, all inspired by fairy tales, will be auctioned for the charity by Christie’s and a limited edition book will show Ms. Vodianova in the dresses, photographed by Paolo Roversi.

‘Being still a Russian little girl inside, I wanted to create something around my love of fairy tales,’ said Ms. Vodianova, who called on her fashion choreographer friend Alex de Betak to design a winter’s tale set.

‘The idea is to create a Doctor Zhivago version of a beautiful and glamorous, but quite a childlike, fairy tale,’ said Mr. de Betak, who has worked on the project for two years.

‘The power of Natalia’s charm is that you can put her in front of anyone and she has the intelligence of asking the right thing to the right people,’ he added.

Mr. Giammetti, who will unveil at Wideville a virtual museum Web tour of Valentino’s fashion history — a first for any designer — underlines the core strength of the Russian supermodel:

‘Natalia is the sweet person that you see — kind and beautiful — then behind you discover the iron lady that really knows how to run a business. As you can imagine, I love both these Natalias equally. Her devotion to her charity work is profound and conducted with impeccable grace. But in her mind she has a perfectly focused plan de bataille.’

Ms. Vodianova is hoping the proceeds can beat the $1.4 million that she raised at an event in Moscow, even though she finds Russians mired in a Soviet concept that the state should provide. She still feels rage that special-needs children should be institutionalized, rather than allotted adequate money to provide care within the family.

Her determination to relive a lost childhood is far more political than establishing a ‘Neverland’ paradise, even if her three children — Lucas, Neva and Viktor — have an idyllic playground by a moat in the family mill house in Sussex, England.

‘I feel hopeful — we’ve done a very good job,’ said Ms. Vodianova of the Naked Heart Foundation. ‘We established it as a charity in Russia. Now I am really hoping to develop our progress with local support. What is really important is that Russian people are ready to be generous.’

She describes her vision as ‘a helicopter view of Russia,’ which she thinks has changed little outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg, despite the growth of a middle class.

‘I think the events that happened to me in my childhood are driving me,’ Ms. Vodianova said as she talked movingly about a situation that was ‘tough, really tough,’ citing her ‘brave and courageous’ mother’s depression so deep that her hair fell out and her ‘horrible stepfather — I can’t even tell you.’

‘He was an alcoholic and with that comes many demons,’ she said. ‘When I made money, the first thing I did was to hire big bouncers to have him removed from the flat and sent back to the Ukraine.’

Her childhood was divided between the chaos at home and the calm of her grandparents’ home, where a fresh nightdress, impeccable tablecloths and a disciplined life was introduced by her grandmother. This parental figure ‘with red lips and a chignon’ and an artistic ability as a seamstress to ‘paint with a needle’ would run in the park, swim in the frozen lake, take her granddaughter to the ballet and host family gatherings.

From her harsh background, Ms. Vodianova, dubbed ‘supernova,’ has developed super skills.

‘Why should I give my money to children from Russia, where one or two oligarchs can change the destiny of a thousand lives with a blink of an eye?’ Mr. Giammetti said.

‘It’s simply that they won’t do it unless Natalia enters their lives like a whirlwind and convinces them to open their wallets,’ he added. ‘She is a modern Robin Hood who gets money from the rich and gives it to the poor. The difference is that after your encounter, you feel better than before.’

A version of this article appeared in print on June 7, 2011, in The International Herald Tribune with the headline: Putting Fairy Tales and Fashion in Play."

via ANV

Last edited by a moderator:
The article above confirms it (read sentence in purple) - it is official that they are separated (according to New York Times)

Man.. I was hoping it was just a rumor that they split up. They were so beautiful together.

i'm so sad for them splitting up :( hope its for the best

The article above confirms it (read sentence in purple) - it is official that they are separated (according to New York Times)

Well I don't know what to think of it.. that could have been a sentence New York Times made up, it's not a fact (they did't quote Natalia mentioning anything about her marriage). So I still don't believe it.

She was spotted with this guy. His name, I believe, is Alexander Pesko (not too sure about it, though). Anyone knows who he is/what he does?

I think they make a lovely couple. He's definitely better looking than Justin, and I feel Natalia is a mature and sensible woman not to fall for complete d*cks.

modelcandids

^

that more than confirms it
very sad indeed :(

I posted those images on her thread first

I think its been over for awhile, but they've been married so long. I remember them in the beginning at fashion shows...they were an inseparable little family with Lucas.

Does somebody know this guy? Name??

Alexander Pesko didn't give any results on google...

Yes it does! Look here they are on lunch together...
2999059433_1_11_N5uukSGG.jpg

1113.gif

devahi.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->