Natalie Portman: engaged & had a baby boy!

^actually a lot of people think that name is a misunderstanding because what happened is that a cousin of hers talked to a hebrew show where they asked her about the baby's name and she said it starts with ''a'', alef in hebrew. So it's probably not his name, just the first letter of it :flower:

I think that's the reason why, even though that ''Alef'' rumors are out for some time now, no major US gossip site has confirmed or even mentioned it. :flower:

Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millepied have reportedly named their son Aleph!

The 30-year-old actress and her fiance, who became parents in early June, chose a Hebrew name that can be also be spelled “Alef” - in Hebrew, it’s the number 1.

“I’ll be out of the public eye after [the baby's born],” Natalie has previously told People - and she hasn’t been photographed since giving birth!

justjared.com

that's still just the same rumor isn't it?
i'll wait for an official statement

Yeah, I think they're reproducing the same story from that Israeli site. I want to hear it from Natalie or Natalie's agent! :D

I don't like it :P It's like naming your kid ''A'' in english..Maybe she's a hardcore Radiohead fan, like their album ''Kid A'' you know? :D
But is she going to name the second one ''B''?
Oh Natalie, I hope it's not true! I thought you were better than those weird celebrity baby names!:P

I'm not particularly fond of the name but I can't say I'm surprised. I always thought she'd go for a very Hebrew name. After all, her father's name is Avner.

I hope it's just a mistake and the tabs are just confused but it was confirmed to People Mag which is the same as coming from her agent/pr person.

nat.jpg

screencap by me from peoplemag.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not particularly fond of the name but I can't say I'm surprised. I always thought she'd go for a very Hebrew name. After all, her father's name is Avner.
Alef actually isn't very Hebrew. It's also Farsi and Arabic too.

well, hebrew and arabic have the same roots when it comes to language, i think.

I always liked Israeli basketball players names, like Tal Burstein. Aleph doesnt sound very good and doesnt go very well with the surname. But if that is their choice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->