Natural Skin Care

Personally I've always been a big fan of soya based products since I find that they add an extra glow and radiance to the skins overall texture.

I find that eating tofu is great for the skin because it gives your skin a firm look. I drink soya based tea as well in the morning and I find that it helps prevent any gastrointestinal problems in the morning.

I also drink tons of green tea and Jasmine tea

Last edited by a moderator:
coffee as body exfoliator
sugar as face exfoliator (didn't like it though)
anti-cellulite mask made of blue clay, laminaria (sold in drugstores) and coffee, but it was such a hassle to make it every time so I switched to a premade one from the drugstore :lol:

sugar as face exfoliator (didn't like it though)
I could never do this. I'd rather use St. Ives Scrub :shock: I've heard people discuss this 'table sugar to exfoliate' in front of me and I just grimace and hope they'll stop, while I bite my tongue. :innocent:I'm not a fan of using direct food, shortening, fat, or sugar on my face, no thank you.

I could never do this. I'd rather use St. Ives Scrub :shock: I've heard people discuss this 'table sugar to exfoliate' in front of me and I just grimace and hope they'll stop, while I bite my tongue. :innocent:I'm not a fan of using direct food, shortening, fat, or sugar on my face, no thank you.

I've read about sugar to exfoliate here on tfs and decided to give it a try, after that I returned to my usual exfoliator :lol:
I hate having strawberries etc on my face, it's so weird :doh:
But coffee as body exfoliator was great, I use it often ^_^

I've read about sugar to exfoliate here on tfs and decided to give it a try, after that I returned to my usual exfoliator :lol:
I hate having strawberries etc on my face, it's so weird :doh:
But coffee as body exfoliator was great, I use it often ^_^

How do you use coffee as a body exfoliator? Do you grind up the beans?

Please let me knowB)

^^If you make your coffee in a Bodum French Press, remove the grounds after you've poured your coffee in a cup and use them in the shower. That's what I would do.

^^If you make your coffee in a Bodum French Press, remove the grounds after you've poured your coffee in a cup and use them in the shower. That's what I would do.

Thanks. I don't drink coffee, but I will buy some and try this!

Does anybody know of any more tried-and-tested natural remedies for the following?

- Hyper-pigmentation
- Capillaries/rosacea (I swear it came from having billions of runny noses during childhood)
- Dark under-eye circles

The hyper-pigmentation is my biggest issue. I've managed to find a product that made the colour of my hyper-pigmentation spots more even and completely got rid of others, but now it appears to have reached a stage where it will go no further. I decided to post it in natural remedies because I don't want to get a load of hydroquinone and skin-bleaching recommendations. With my racial make-up it's more likely to damage me or make things worse.

I've already tried vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter and African black soap for the hyper-pigmentation. Vitamin E and cocoa butter was used for the longest time period (at least a year daily).

For the hyperpigmentation, try an apple cider vinegar/water toner and drink tons and tons of lemon water! I just started doing this a few days ago, but I'm already seeing significant results! For the toner, depending on the sensitivity of your skin, start off diluting it with as much water as you need to not uncomfortably sting your skin. Right now I'm at a 2:1 ratio, just gradually increase the vinegar until you can get to a 1:1 ratio. For the lemon water, something with the acidity in the lemons helps to flush out the toxins in your body. I'm guessing that you're part Asian, as am I, and I know hyperpigmentaion can be a real pain for our skin. So I'm usually really snooty when it comes to skin care products, so if I'm using something cheap it has to be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sensitive skin with reactions to synthetic fragrance.

I use:

grapeseed oil
jojoba oil
REN skincare (very good luck with that line)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->