Favourite Cleanser / Cleanser Recommendations

I love the Alba cleansers. I use the pineapple enzyme morning and night. Then I use the coconut milk cleanser as an eye m/u remover.

I havn't had much luck with the oil cleansing method or any cleansing oils for that matter. I don't have oily skin. But I get a lot of build up and every oil I've tried just adds to the gunk and makes me look dull. I'm on a huge enzyme skin care kick though. Those seem to work perfectly for me.

Damn you guys making me want to try the Shu Uemura oils again!

eta: I originally came in here to discuss the Darphin Azahar Cleansing Micllar Water. I went to Mecca today to try out the By Terry foundation, and the sales assistant removed my makeup with this Darphin cleanser. It was sooo gentle and left my skin with a really refreshing sort of tingling sensation. I'm considering buying this now! It smelt lovely too :heart: I'm torn between that and the cleansing foam gel with water lily...

Last edited by a moderator:
But maybe I can get samples of the Shu Uemura oil cleansers from Nordstrom (department store in U.S.) or Sephora in a couple weeks when I go shopping.

Thank you for the incentive, michyed. :flower:

Yes, try out the samples first and if you like them then ...:wink::wink::wink: The 150ML ones cost about $18USD here. The 450ML ones are $60, but if you get them during special sale seasons they can cost as little as $40!

Do they really give you samples if you ask for them? The SAs here are so stingy I always have to print out online coupons just to get a stupid small little 1ml sample :angry:

My bday is during Feb too! :P

December 2nd :woot: I'd have to send you a sh*tload of nail polishes in return hahaha

HOORAY! :lol:

Damn you guys making me want to try the Shu Uemura oils again!

eta: I originally came in here to discuss the Darphin Azahar Cleansing Micllar Water. I went to Mecca today to try out the By Terry foundation, and the sales assistant removed my makeup with this Darphin cleanser. It was sooo gentle and left my skin with a really refreshing sort of tingling sensation. I'm considering buying this now! It smelt lovely too :heart: I'm torn between that and the cleansing foam gel with water lily...

That sounds wonderful! Is that tingling sensation a bit similar to the Bioderma H20?

(But of course I would recommend ditching Darphin as a whole and getting those Shu Uemura oils :lol::lol::lol::lol:)

I've not tried the Bioderma H20 so I can't compare... :cry:

I like Darphin and now after looking up that Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water on NeimanMarcus.com I want it! It's $50 US. I just think my skin has gotten too used to Dermalogica PreCleanse and I want to try another pre-cleanse with a micellar water, always been interested in this...Thanks Belowen, you've probably done some research of your own but I got this from NeimanMarcus.com about it.

Speed up your cleansing routine with this all-in-one cleanser.

Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water is an all-in-one cleanser for the face, eyes and lips. This non-rinsing formula gently removes make-up and impurities. Skin is left nourished and refreshed.
• A complete, all-in-one cleanser for face, eyes and lips.
• Ultra gentle, non-rinsing formula.
• Skin is left silky-soft and supple.
• Appropriate for sensitive skin.

Key Ingredients:
Neroli Essential Oil: Originating from India, this bitter orange tree flower helps to calm skin after make-up removal.
Natural Bisabolol: Used for its soothing properties, this ingredient is extracted from a tropical Brazilian shrub known as Candeia wood.

Thank you Michyed about the info and price for the Shu Uemura oils, I never was aware there was a size that retailed for $18US, I had only seen the ones for $60 and I thought, "Hmm...better get a sample first."

I tend to become friends with people in cosmetics rather fast. :blush:^_^ So I can bribe them of some samples, even if they're not from that line...:lol:

^I am so jealous :o You must have very naturally charismatic ways. I get so shy when it comes to strangers and SAs!

LTEC let me know how you go with the Darphin. It really was so lovely & felt really gentle on my skin. Nice & fresh ^_^

I was in Aveda stocking up with my double points certificate, and decided to try the tourmaline charged exfoliating cleanser (jojoba beads). I really like it ... I have oily, sensitive skin, but it's very gentle and non-greasy ...

Another here for the cetaphil gentle cleanser for normal to dry skin. Love it! I also use Remede Sweep and the Clarsonic thru the week too!

I have been using Laneige 3-in-1 Multi Cleanser since May 2009 and I absolutely :heart::heart::heart: it!.

laniege-multi-cleanser.jpg

c5fan-beauty.blogspot.com

My skin feels really clean and tight when i use it something which other cleansers have failed to do. But unfortunately I can't afford to spend £30 plus shipping every few months for it :cry:. So can someone recommend a cheaper alternative preferably below £15 and available to buy or ship to the UK?

thanks

^I have the tester for that, I quite like it! I use quite a lot of Laneige products in fact... As for cleansers like that... Haven't really found any so far. This is one unique cleanser :(

^^ Never heard of this line but your skin should NOT feel tight after rinsing. Do you apply toner, moisturizer, serums afterward?

It sounds like that could have been stripping your skin of its pH levels, you want a cleanser with a good 'balance'...its all very confusing if you've not studied chemistry and skincare products on what are called 'litmus papers', they test the alkaline and acids in products and a good pH level is right in the middle, not too much alkaline and not too acidic. Again, this might mean nothing to you.

Try Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleansers...I dont know if they are cheaper or the same, less as that line you've been using, but dont use it for as long if that's all you have, or find something that has really minimal ingredients, and stay away from products with ingredients like 'Sulfate' and that have a lot of fragrance in them or oil, especially mineral oil.

^^ Never heard of this line but your skin should NOT feel tight after rinsing. Do you apply toner, moisturizer, serums afterward?

It sounds like that could have been stripping your skin of its pH levels, you want a cleanser with a good 'balance'...its all very confusing if you've not studied chemistry and skincare products on what are called 'litmus papers', they test the alkaline and acids in products and a good pH level is right in the middle, not too much alkaline and not too acidic. Again, this might mean nothing to you.

Try Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleansers...I dont know if they are cheaper or the same, less as that line you've been using, but dont use it for as long if that's all you have, or find something that has really minimal ingredients, and stay away from products with ingredients like 'Sulfate' and that have a lot of fragrance in them or oil, especially mineral oil.

I think 'tight' was the wrong word to use my skin feels more elastic when i use the cleanser (which is what the products says it should do) but your probably right about it stripping my skin's PH levels. I do tone and moisturize my skin after cleansing usually i use my Dermalogica toner and then my Body Shop moisturizer .

Here are the ingredients of the cleanser i have no idea if they are good or bad for my dry skin (danm! i wish i stayed awake in my chemistry class now:lol:).

Glycerin, Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, PEG-32, Potassium Hydropxide, Laureth-1 Phosphate, Cellulose, Lauric Acid, Laurylphosphate, lauramide dea, glycerylsterate, peg-100 stearate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, disodium edta, ethylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, hedera helix (ivy) extract, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract,

https://www.evecare.com/store/amorepacific/multicleanser61floz180ml_10635.php

I have seen Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleansers being mentioned throughout this thread, it seems quite popular and has received some good reviews. I will definitely look more into it.

^^LETC, one of the main ingredients in the Shu Uemura oils is Mineral oil :shock:

^^Not good. Some people's skin can adapt and accept mineral oil, mine cannot, I get cystic pimples when I use it, and they take MONTHS to heal, so I never can use anything with mineral oil.

If you've not seen anything unusual yet on your face, dont stress, but I would pay attention closely to anything that suddenly pops up.

^Oh my it's good that you found out before you got the testers and then got the pimples :( My skin is pretty darn sensitive but I guess it's okay with mineral oil *phew* I did get a new little pimple today... It's on the same spot where Marilyn Monroe has her little mole :P
I know I had a major breakup from one of Lush's products because of the African Marigold Oil, but after a few uses it cleared up I never broke out again. If I do start to randomly break out cause of the mineral oil, will my skin ever adapt to it?

Thank you LETC, you are really a skincare professional! :flower:

What about Decleor Cleansing Oil. Has anyone tried it? Does that have mineral oil as an ingredient?

I like Decleor, though all I have used are their men's pre-shave oil and some of the oils that go under creams, their Aromassences they call them, and a couple of creams.
I think it is more a line for mature or very dry skin as all their products are very hydrating, full of essential oils, so its alot like Dr. Hauschka, Sothys-Paris, Chantecaille (Chantecaille is the line that uses almost 100% natural ingredients) in that it uses mostly oils and plant extracts....anyhow I did a search and found the ingredients from dermstore.com for the Decleor Cleansing Oil...sounds good except there is a little bit of fragrance at the end, that can either react or not react on some skin types.
Ingredients: Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 85, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Prunun Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonus (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Beta-Carotene.

michyed said:
If I do start to randomly break out cause of the mineral oil, will my skin ever adapt to it?
If you start to break out from it, depending on how severely the breakouts I wouldnt continue using it. But as soon as I see a breakout that isnt just a small little pustule (papule is the correct term for pimple, 'pustule' means a liquid builds up inside, they're bacteria and white blood cells) I immediately start to look at what is new that is going on my skin or have I used something that could have interacted with something else, so if you do see a consistent breakout I wouldnt wait to see if your skin adapts, I'd get rid of/take back the product. But that is just moi. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->