Favourite Cleanser / Cleanser Recommendations

I have a love/hate relationship with Aesop. I really want to like their products - they smell nice, they're natural, the packaging is lovely .... but I've tried their cleansers, masks & moisturisers in the past and they just don't cut it for me. There are more detailed reviews on Make Up Alley. I used their Fabulous Face Oil a few years ago when my skin was really stressed and flaky, and it was quite good. Their body creams are nice though.

But as this is a cleanser thread - I've had better.

I really want to try the Boscia cleanser now. Does it foam tannenhauser? And it's like ridiculously cheap-$22 or something in that price range? I didnt know they had it at Sephora, I hope the one near me carries it.

hey letthemeatcake, yeah the boscia one is foaming (the one with the botanical blast), im not sure if their other cleansers are foaming or not.
my bf has been using the sheseido cleanser you tried to get at bloomies but he has made the switch to my boscia. we've now stocked up on them and have 2 extras in our apt :flower:

Hopefully you're avoiding that psycho at La Prairie @ Bloomingdales. What a horrid way to represent the company. :shock:

You can get Aesop at Barneys. I dont know where else. Probably Bliss Spa, but I havent been to New York in awhile. :cry:

haha im actually from australia.. but because the store is difficult to get to from my house i just order online

I am loving the Skinceuticals simply clean cleanser... My new favourite :heart:

now and then I like to use Shiseido benefiance creamy cleansing foam... its pretty good

I've been very happy with Kose Sofymo Deep oil cleanser. Shu Uemura works great too, it's just a lot more expensive. However, with either one I have to wash twice to get my waterproof sunscreen off. I can't imagine anything being more effective than an oil cleanser so I just accept this as part of protecting my skin.

I'm currently using Coalface by LUSH & it's been pretty good so far. Before that I was using Neutrogena's Oil-free Cleanser & that helped clear up my pimples.

HI. I'm 19 years old living in the UK. I have the same problem when it comes to any sort of facial cleanser.... My skin becomes greasy and when i use a facial wash....my skin then becomes to dry and flaky. How do i find a happy medium? I'm a student so i cheap option would be much appreciated :D haha

^ Have you tried an oil cleanser? They are good for oily skin, as oil attracts oil, but they do not dry out your skin...

I have only used it twice but the 14th I purchased Natura Bisse The Cure Restorative Cleansing Cream and I'm loving it. :heart:
cleanser.jpg

naturabisse.es

Last edited by a moderator:
^That looks so cute!

I purchased 2 of the Shu Uemura cleansing oils today at a majorrrrrr discount!
I'm still getting over post-shopping-great-buy excitement so after I'm done bragging about my new cleansers, I'll go remove my makeup with the oils and write a review for them here!

10020_lg.jpg

10117_lg.jpg

shuuemura-usa

Japanese products are so cheap here compared to the prices in the US. I kind of have a good idea what I'm getting my elf for Christmas...

HOLY CRAP! I've found my new HG cleansers! The oils above worked better than I had expected them to... I started off with a pump from the blue bottle (brightening oil), massaged it all over my face and very thoroughly on my eyes as I had waterproof mascara on. (Hahaha my entire face looked ridiculous, covered in oil and oozey black mascara and eyeshadow) Then I washed it off and there was only a bit of mascara left on my lashes. So I got another pump from the pink bottle (purifying) and slathered it all over my face and gave my eyes a very comfortable massage. All the mascara came off.

To check how effective of cleansers these oils were, I got a cotton pad, soaked it with my Bioderma Sensibio H20 and wiped it on my face. NOTHING! NO FOUNDATION STAINS! Wiped it over my eyes and hooray, no mascara, eyeliner or anything!

This process is a lot faster than the non-oil based makeup remover cleansing process (where you have to use a cotton pad). It's a lot better on your eyes as well, because you rest assured that you are not giving them friction wrinkles.

I love these cleansers so much. The reviews don't even do them justice. Of course one bottle would work just as well, I happened to purchase 2 for less than the price of 1. Somebody who uses the Dermalogica Precleanse must give these oils a go and tell me how they compare!

^DAMN! I rally REALLY want to try them, esp the blue one...but I can't get them in Denmark, we don't have Sephora. Wtf? :lol:

Edit: You should add some water to your hands and massage your face again before washing the oil off, then you only have to cleanse once. The smart thing is that it actually lathers when you apply water...the Precleanse is supposed to lather, but I don't think it really does.

^Don't we all :lol:

Thank you so much! Unfortunately I have to pay taxes plus a fee on anything from Strawberrynet. Denmark sucks. It would cost me wayyy over $120 :doh:

^Awww!! When's your bday? I might as well send you one then! :D

^^Aren't you generous? I have a birthday coming up in February! :D

But back on topic, I've been lately looking at the Shu Uemura oil cleansers and wanted to try one as well, thought it was terrific that they had ones that brightened and such, but they're pretty expensive.
And right now for beauty my next purchases are the 3.4 oz of J'adore and a new 'grainy' exfoliant, i.e. an exfoliant that has texture to it.

But maybe I can get samples of the Shu Uemura oil cleansers from Nordstrom (department store in U.S.) or Sephora in a couple weeks when I go shopping.

Thank you for the incentive, michyed. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->