New York Job Recruitment Agencies - Fashion

Reaction score
Hello peoples :D Just wondering if anyone knows some good recruitment agencies specializing in fashion design, found some good agencies in london but don't know how to go about looking in NY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers :flower:

Hey, fashiongirl, my sister's looking for the exact same thing at the moment! Hope you get some helpful replies :flower:

After you said 4th floor I tried them and got a call today. I lost the call, but will call them back...do they charge me (job seeker) a fee?

FASTteam Tammy 866-323-6301
FASTteam Michelle Leady 866-323-6032
Segue Bruce Lubin 954-351-1112x244
Intera Darla 646-723-3207
4th Floor Floran 212-750-8388x241
Bruce Lubin 954-351-1112x244
Gromwell Sal 212-972-9300
Jennifer Glenn 212-465-8300
24Seven Carmelina 212-966-4426
Mgmnt Recruiters of Shrewsbury Jessica 732-450-1555
Gromwell Pete DelRio 646-312-8314
Solomon Page Michi Raab 212-824-1580
Project Solvers Marsha 226-2432x13
Fourth Floor Fashion Dana Toor 212-750-8388
Murphy Barbara Murphy 212-643-8090
Gruen Brian Gruen 866-567-1478
Executive Network Linda Texeira 860-409-7550 x3248
Strategia Brandy Ward 614-384-7592
Capital Search 614-486-1388
Mgmnt Resources Jennifer 866-848-0298
Jaral 973-564-9236
Fashion Assurance Ruth/Karina 201-845-6050 [email protected]
Gromwell Group 212-972-9300
Apparel Staffing Alan Wolf 212-302-0216
Project Solvers Michal Yansen 226-2432x23 [email protected]
Jessilyn Susie 212-947-3400
SRI Search Jennifer Glenn 212-465-8300
Taylor Hodson Erin Beeney 212-924-8300
Fashion Finders Carla 646-312-8923
Apparel Placements Lynn Pollihan 866-692-7140 [email protected]
Karlyn Anthony/Kerri 212-947-3399 [email protected]
Winston Fran Gellis 212-557-5000x271

thanks

thanks for posting the infor above. It was EXACTLY what i was looking for :woot:

does anyone have any recommendations on this subject? do you think this is a good way to get started in the industry when you have little paid experience? i am looking to start but can't afford to intern without pay. Thanks guys :flower:

Hello peoples :D Just wondering if anyone knows some good recruitment agencies specializing in fashion design, found some good agencies in london but don't know how to go about looking in NY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers :flower:

I know this is off topic, but you should start a thread for London agencies my co worker is looking to move overseas for a while.

thanks for posting the infor above. It was EXACTLY what i was looking for :woot:

does anyone have any recommendations on this subject? do you think this is a good way to get started in the industry when you have little paid experience? i am looking to start but can't afford to intern without pay. Thanks guys :flower:

I used the agencies and recruiters when I got up here, and found it an excellent way to get started. It helped me network with the people who were working at the companies I freelanced at. Everyone in the industry has had to look for a job and they all empathize with the job search, so most of them are willing to help out, give advice, or even tell you about job openings they hear about. Plus, freelancing tends to pay a lot more per hour than full-time (because they need you there and quickly, and they don't have to pay for health insurance, etc.), so you can make enough money freelancing while still looking for a permanent position. I'd recommend it for the exposure alone.

I am going to do this, make the move to NYC!! I found a room share today on craigslist that I've committed to starting mid November. I am going with no idea what I'm doing other than diligently look for a job. Nobody wants to talk to me while I'm in Ohio so I know this is a huge risk (especially since I have hardly any money!!), but I trust something will work out. These agencies could help a lot! I'm glad others have had success!

Much luck darling!

My sister plans to do the same in Jan/Feb of next year! She's currently sorting her portfolio out...

My friend does nothing but freelance because it pays more per hour than to be hired permanently. Good luck Critics darling, I'm sure it's going to work out for you!!

educo, that's interesting! I've heard that once before too.. if anything it would keep a person from getting bored of one job. Thanks for the encouragement!

Whatever you do: DONT GO to pyramid fashion in NY. These people actually lost me jobs. They are seriously awful. I have heard good things about 24Seven, also in new york. I know a few people who have found good jobs through the. The bottom line is, ost recruitent agencies coe after YOU. If they have a job and it fits your background, they will find you trust me. Don't put all your hopes into a recruitment agency, they have thousands of people, and find jobs for a very sall percentage. Look on your own, post your resume everywhere and network with people you know.
Sorry for the rant.

Whatever you do: DONT GO to pyramid fashion in NY. These people actually lost me jobs. They are seriously awful. I have heard good things about 24Seven, also in new york. I know a few people who have found good jobs through the. The bottom line is, ost recruitent agencies coe after YOU. If they have a job and it fits your background, they will find you trust me. Don't put all your hopes into a recruitment agency, they have thousands of people, and find jobs for a very sall percentage. Look on your own, post your resume everywhere and network with people you know.
Sorry for the rant.
I've never heard of Pyramid Fashion (and I've worked with a lot of them). The ones I'd avoid are Ken Rose & Associates (he tells your employer you are looking) and Suzette from MR of Clearwater. I think the agencies are good for freelance and to get you something to tide you over as you search, but I do agree, it's best to keep looking on your own in the meantime (infomat.com lists a ton of companies and their phone numbers, so it never hurts to call the HR department and see if they're looking to hire), also stylecareers.com has lots of jobs, and don't forget the more traditional monster.com and sites like those).

I am going to do this, make the move to NYC!! I found a room share today on craigslist that I've committed to starting mid November. I am going with no idea what I'm doing other than diligently look for a job. Nobody wants to talk to me while I'm in Ohio so I know this is a huge risk (especially since I have hardly any money!!), but I trust something will work out. These agencies could help a lot! I'm glad others have had success!
I did the same thing as you, and it's worked out fine. I came up from Kentucky, not knowing anyone, found a roommate off the internet, came up with three months of rent, and 7 1/2 years later, I'm still here. To me, the other option was staying in Kentucky and never working in the industry. Right now, I can tell you from what I'm seeing, there seems to be more demand for talent than supply, and that wasn't how it was when I came up here. Best of Luck!

Samantha, that really inspires me! So good to know because it's now less than two weeks til I leave! You've given some good tips & I thank you!

BEST OF LUCK criticsdarling! i can't imagine how scary it must be to take such a huge step but i'm sure you can do it, good luck! let me know how it goes! i really want to work in a big fashion city like NYC because where i come from (vancouver canada) the fashion industry is NONEXISTENT. i'm sure they like to think that there is a great fashion scene but there really isn't. the crap thing for me is, if i want to work in the states then i have to go through all the working visa crap, etc etc....so i really really envy you because you're able to up and move to NYC without having to do all that sh*t!

SamanthaB, your stories really inspired me as well. did you make all your initial income purely through freelancing when you first moved to NYC? what kind of freelancing? the reason i ask is because i wouldn't mind doing freelance if i move to NYC... are fashion designers with overseas (asian) experience highly sought after in NYC? i'ved worked in asia (back and forth between taiwan and china, sometimes travelling to tokyo and hongkong) for almost a year now...this sort of thing would help right?
any advice anyone could give me would be awesome :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->