New York S/S 2012 Schedule

for some reason i'm not as excited about it this year. only diesel and bcbg really.

And I was going to ask if Irene had caused any dilemmas for NYFW

And I was going to ask if Irene had caused any dilemmas for NYFW

I was just trying to find a post but couldn't, apparently Marc Jacobs switched MJ and MbMJ around because he wasn't able to get things done he had planed over the weekend since Irene got in the way.

from wwd.com

Hurricane Irene may have moved on, but it is still impacting some fashion quarters. Theory is moving the Theyskens' Theory show to Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 4 p.m.

Catherine Malandrino Not Showing Spring 2012

Just saw this on the cut:

Catherine Malandrino Is Skipping Her Show This Season

a_250x375.jpg
Catherine Malandrino.Photo: Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com

If you don't know her clothes, you may know her from her reality television appearances, which have included the Real Housewives of New York and Project Runway. But Malandrino won't put on a show this season — a fashion show — saying her label "is in a time of transition. We're refocusing and we'll be back in February." Last season, Malandrino showed her lower-priced line, Malandrino, at Fashion Week. Earlier this year, talks with Kellwood about acquiring her label never resulted in a deal. [NYP]
nymag.com

the people commenting on The Cut don't seem to care but I usually find things that I like in her collections...

curious to see what this time of transition will bring

Alexander Wang is apparently Saturday the 10th at 5pm local.

Helmut Lang to Put on Its First Fashion Show Since 2005

Nicole and Michael Colovos started as creative directors of Helmut Lang in 2006 after Theory bought the label from Prada, but they never put on a fashion show. This spring they'll do their first one for the label at New York Fashion Week. You can watch the show live, Saturday, September 10 at helmutlang.com, which is where you'll also find the brand's new e-commerce store this month. If you can't afford to do more than lust after Helmut pieces and are the kind of person who loves photo booths (which would be all of us, let's be honest), the label will be streaming photos from the booth they're setting up in the Soho store at 93 Mercer on Fashion's Night Out, which you can download for your own personal Facebook page or Tumblr or any of the many other ways you wh*re yourself out on the Internet (which we all do, let's be honest).
nymag

Great news! Does anyone know what time Helmut's show is? Thanks!

To answer my own question, it's 1pm, just found out via Twitter :smile:

So is there no fashion show for Fashion's Night Out this year? I quite enjoyed last year's show, even if the live stream wasn't that great.

I'm not sure - there is a livestream on livestream.com but am not sure what they're streaming if there's no show?

^Haha, ok, thanks. Whatever they're streaming, I'll be sure to tune in :P

Sorry to double post but I'm wondering, will the dates of the rest of the shows (Proenza Schouler, Rag & Bone, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu – Friday Sep 9th but what time?, Edun, Rodarte, Oscar de la Renta, Phillip Lim, Zac Posen, etc.) be announced on the official MBFW website? And when can we expect to get the dates? It's only a few more days! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momosdiary
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->