Nico/Christa Päffgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the Richard Witts book which i don't have with me right now so i don't have the direct quote. But, appartently, Bowie was in Berlin when Nico was so she wrote him a note on his dressing room door saying "i'd love to see you" then he wrote one back saying "Well i don't want to see you" something along those lines. If someone has the book with them they should look it up.

I also felt very sorry for Nico when I read that and it is true that in this point in her life people and old friends were deserting her. I remember reading about her in the UK press and all they had to say about her was not very nice. I kept reading about her that she had become ... old, fat and pathetic. That really broke my heart. In the mid-80s the UK press/journalists/writers were not too nice about her. They treated her like she was crap, a has-been and a wash-up... Sad, very sad. Happily now her genius is finally recognized. I think Ari talks about the bad press of that period about his Mom in Nico Icon. Have to watch it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Andy Warhol being asked what Nico was up to now (in the eighties) and he said "oh Nico's fat now." I hate when people give others hell for doing drugs, then when they finally quit, and gain weight as a result, they get picked on for being fat, it's very unfair. A Catch 22.

I use to have this book titled "Warhol Diaries". And indeed in the 80s he was throwing these lines about Nico: "She's fat", ... etc... I was not to happy when I read it. ... the mention about her being "just" fat was not very nice of him.

Nico.gif

Beautiful picture! I wonder what year that was taken.

I didn't mean that specificly for Warhol i just meant in general. I don't think he cared about drugs very much since 90% of his friends did them.

Please be careful to respect the Fashion Spot guidelines, despite the topic's relevance to subjects that are not allowed to be discussed here. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. :flower:

are you sure, that the woman on the photo in post #825 is nico?
she looks brown eyed and I miss the charisma nico even had in her worst times. maybe some woman who had a similiar physiognomy. if it's really nico, there must have been a strange light. she looks nice but somehow different. feels strange to me. but you never know.

most definitely thats nico. the shape of the mouth, round eyes, nose. compare with the cover of marble index

Please be careful to respect the Fashion Spot guidelines, despite the topic's relevance to subjects that are not allowed to be discussed here. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. :flower:
Hummm, sorry about that... I should re-read the guideline...

are you sure, that the woman on the photo in post #825 is nico?
she looks brown eyed and I miss the charisma nico even had in her worst times. maybe some woman who had a similiar physiognomy. if it's really nico, there must have been a strange light. she looks nice but somehow different. feels strange to me. but you never know.

Oh yes I am sure. I agree that she might look different; maybe the angle of the photos & light but I can assure you that it is her. Unfortunatly, I do not know the year. I found the photo at myspace.com/christapaffgen. Maybe you can check if you want. It is a page dedicated to Nico and I don't think the people who did it would make that mistake.

I, too, am convinced that it is Nico in that picture. She actually looks more approachable here than most pictures with her subtle smile, but her stare is a dead giveaway.

probably you're right concerning the photo - it's the same angle as the marble index cover. I increased the contrast and it looked quite like the cover.
she looks so confiding. I never saw her look that way. maybe it was the year of the shooting for marble index, 1968. guy webster took the cover picture.

here are more beautiful pictures from the cover shooting:

http://www.guywebster.com/music/Nico%201.php

aha.
thank you, pinksofa!
I was always curious about linda's book, since she had the privilege to shoot from the inside, not from the outside. a very special sight. and probably more or less a private moment, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuslimHearts
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"