Nico/Christa Päffgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very rare stuff indeed. I have never seen any of these before... Thank you Babydoll!

Slide show for Strip-Tease/Sweet Skin

From: romulodessotti Strip-Tease (a.k.a. SWEET SKIN) is a ... Strip-Tease (a.k.a. SWEET SKIN) is a french film, directed by Jacques Poitrenaud. This is a slideshow I made with stills from the film.

Music: "Strip-Tease" sung by NICO (version not used in the film)

Beautiful clips! I love hearing Nico singing in French.

Wow,Thank You babydoll for sharing those FABULOUS pictures and I can't wait to see the others....

Wow!!! Awesome video find once again Babydoll, you have a talent for finding rarities. Thanks for sharing :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh MY!!! Who would have thought? Nico was an extra in a Mario Lanza movie! I know about Mario Lanza because, when I was a kid, I had this uncle who was a really big fan of him ("The italian Frank Sinatra").... Yes, as IcePrincess says, you really have a talent to find rarities... I am impressed!
This makes me wonder in how many others movies Nico might have participated in Europe? From "Nico Icon", her aunt tells that Nico was in great demand all over Europe when she started as a model and actress in "La Dolce Vita". She said she was always working and making a lot of money back then...

Here's a list off all the movies Nico appears in

http://smironne.free.fr/NICO/moov.html

I think her aunt meant that she was in great demand for modeling more than for movies, although she may have turned down many offers for movies. From what i've read she was modeling constantly in the late fifties/early sixties and was making A LOT of money (in the Richard Witts book it says she was making the equivelant of 80,000 pounds a month, by 1992 standards, at that time)!

Thank you for the list....Wow! "The Sandpiper"; that is a great Elizabeth Taylor movie. I have seen it many times and I never noticed Nico....

At least it says she was a dancer in it so we can watch it and look out for her!

I also noticed this under "For the First Time"

Girl: Mr. Costa, how about a song ?
Mario Lanza: Oh I can't, you see I'm here incognito.
Nico: You mean you can't sing for us not even one little song ?
Girl: Sure he can!
Mario Lanza then sings Come Prima.

I wish that part was included in the video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, too bad, I cannot watch the video on this thread. Have to go to YouTube to view it. GagaVision, what is the name of the video (song) so I can find it fast?

Oh! I'm excited to watch it! I'll have to wait until tomorrow though because it's late and it's 33 minutes long. My dad will be excited that it's in Austria (where he's from). Thank you for posting it gagavision! By this time she had already quit using heroin right?

James Young remarked the 1987 tour with the bedlamites and that she was in much better shape than one year ago, since she quit (probably around 1986).

This picture has been posted before but this one is better quality. It was taken in 1960 in the home of Parisian interior designer Henry Samuel. This and the second one were both taken by Mark Shaw in 1960.
nico52-1.jpg

nico54-1.jpg

This has been posted also but this one looks different somehow so i thought i'd post it anyways.
nico53-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->