NikeLab x Sacai

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
February 18, 2015 Style
NikeLab x Sacai Reinvent Nike Classics

Chitose Abe is the genius designer behind Japanese brand Sacai and has teamed up with Nike to reinvent some of their sportswear/fitness favorites. The preview of the collection takes on a more feminine and lightweight tone for ready-to-wear pieces for spring and summer. Sacai’s collaboration with Nike may be more appreciated for it’s style than fitness objectives. These early photographs from Nike are a promising indicator that the collection’s threads could be used in conjunction with other pieces besides sportswear.

“I’ve always been inspired by classics,” Abe says. “Working with traditional silhouettes and ideas that often come from utility or performance-based sportswear, I’m interested in creating new hybrids that combine different fabrics and shapes to create an unexpected yet wearable result.”

NikeLab x Sacai will debut in stores on March 19th.

rehabonlinemag

There is more info on nike's site and BOF if anyone is interested but these are the pertinent facts...
with a little luck, i may even find a replacement for my lost navy sacai zip hoodie...
the one abe is wearing looks promising...
:P

Attachments

• unnamed5.jpg
    unnamed5.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 13
  • nike-portrait_500_750_90-1.jpg
    nike-portrait_500_750_90-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm actually quite excited about this collection. My gut feeling is that I'll end up deciding none of it is practical or wearable and I won't end up buying anything. But I can't wait to see it in stores anyway!

wish she'd have a male counterpart though :( looks fantastic though.....definitely one of their collabs i can get behind.

what i am curious about is $$...

i mean- i've said before that as sacai designs get better/more complex...they get more and more $$

i just wonder how that will play out in this scenario...

^^ A male counterpart would be incredible. I curious to see how they actually perform as sportswear.

That jacket Chitose is wearing is sublime. I love Navy & Black together.

thanks scott...
looks great..esp in motion!

:heart:

i really wish she had done a men's line too....such a bummer for us. best sportswear collaboration i've seen so far,especially at nike.

looking at this i feel like the sweatshirt/hoodie jacket i had gotten (and lost), which turned out to be a very limited edition which was never repeated, was probably a test for this collab...

the fabric and color was the same as the dark blue hoodie w. the ruffled back...
i'm now even more annoyed at having lost that piece...
:doh:...

maybe a nike jacket will find it's way into my closet now...
^_^

i'm still trying to figure out how many color ways they have done these things...
i've seen at least four, i think...
the blue combo, the pink/red combo, wht/grey combo, blk/navy combo...
it think...no- i don't even think that's right...it's frustrating...
:unsure:...

most complete set of photos i've found including a t shirt...

http://nitrolicious.com/2015/03/17/nikelab-x-sacai-collection/2/

i cannot find any clue about pricing though...
i kind of think it's going to be in the range of Y-3 though...
and in that case, i'm not sure why i wouldn't just buy sacai luck...
the nike logo actually makes it worth less to me...

:innocent:...

the video is great; it makes a huge difference to see the movement.

it's just out today and the prices are 12500 - 40000 yen over here,
like sneakers 20000, zip hoodie 32500.

they say they have F/W 2015 done already.

fashionsnap

Attachments

• xsacaixnike-20150324_001-thumb-660x440-395527_jpg_pagespeed_ic_2iXAT1-EH2.jpg
    xsacaixnike-20150324_001-thumb-660x440-395527_jpg_pagespeed_ic_2iXAT1-EH2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 6
  • xsacaixnike-20150324_006-thumb-660x440-395532_jpg_pagespeed_ic_7KZ0avRX1b.jpg
    xsacaixnike-20150324_006-thumb-660x440-395532_jpg_pagespeed_ic_7KZ0avRX1b.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 660x440xsacaixnike-20150324_047-thumb-660xauto-395507_jpg_pagespeed_ic_acJ_2bByPO.jpg
    660x440xsacaixnike-20150324_047-thumb-660xauto-395507_jpg_pagespeed_ic_acJ_2bByPO.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 4
oh wow so it's going to be a multi-season collaboration? yeah they have some things up already on the web site and it's ranging from 150$ for t'shirts with her signature lace trim to 350$ for those spectacular windrunner jackets. i have to say it looks pretty interesting outside the campaign images.....the fleece pullovers have a really nice structure to them....well tailored.....so it isn't just slapping a name on a bunch of nike looks. looks really well thought out and actually designed.

argh!
the nylon zip jkt is only available in a size L or XL...
:doh:...

waahaaaa...:cry:

i snoozed, i losed...
:(

at least there is still next yr...?

runner- is that a pop up store...
that is amazing!
:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads