Nina Ricci F/W 09.10 Paris

Wow, this is... strange! Batman-in-drag-with-wierd-gowns... but screw it, I love it!

But seriously, how on earth will this sell better?It dosent seem to me like Olivier set out to achieve that with this collection, more like the opposite.

that's what I was thinking too :huh: I mean obviously they are going to modify a lot of the pieces, but what happened to last season? Couldn't they have modified a lot of the dresses for sales? Strange ...:innocent:

But seriously, how on earth will this sell better?It dosent seem to me like Olivier set out to achieve that with this collection, more like the opposite.

Maybe Oliver is just being a b*tch, he wants to drag the label down with him :lol:

If that is just a big 'F*ck You' to commercial, greedy house bosses, I'm saving my money already. Who wouldn't want to wear a 'F*ck you'?
Something to replace your NO!-shirt.

Terrible. At the first few images I asked myself "Am I in the right thread?". Then scrolling down and reading Thierry Mugler as an inspiration, I really had to double check I was in the right thread!! :lol: :innocent:

This is hideous. The glam-rock thing, the 80's vibe, that colour palette and those shoes? Are they a joke? Also, I don't understand how did he go from such stellar shows in the past to this?

I am so disappointed with Nina Ricci as of late. Olivier is one my favourite designers because he designs collections with so much emotion and with such an ethereal aesthetic. His vision is nostalgic, romantic, whimsical etc. This is what attracted me to his work and this is what separated him from 'the rest'.

Now, with this collection, I am sensing that [his] romanticism is dead. It makes me eternally sad to think there is 'no room' in the fashion industry for his ethereal dreams...

Yesterday I was wondering wheter Paris shows were going to bring something new and exiting that would have nothing todo with the 80´s vibe or if they were going to sum up to the nostalgia mood and so far is all about les années quatre vingt!!! but at least they are doing it in full force.

The dinasty era is back wheter we like it or not :smile:

Can't get rid of the notion that one of his legs is way shorter than the other, and that he is photoshopped into the picture.

I'm blaming PARIS HILTON for all this SH*T in paris... it's all stripper shoes the higher the better, clothes... the shinier, the sequinneder, the tighter, the better
I mean garish red satin tightly laced shoes??????

This is attention seeking dressing... look at me please, like at balmain too... the shorter, tighter, flashier... hopefully this is the apotheosis of this look... give me prada's understated wool shorts and wellies any day ... than this
I"M DESPERATE!! look... "I'm just not that into" it!

The shoes are just NO NO NO.

This is Paris. Why the **** am I seeing shoes that belong in the aisles in Chinatown?

This is hideous. The glam-rock thing, the 80's vibe, that colour palette and those shoes? Are they a joke? Also, I don't understand how did he go from such stellar shows in the past to this?
Seriously...how?!?!:shock:

Theyskens Before
00240m.jpg
00370m.jpg

00420m.jpg

Theyskens After
00390m.jpg
00150m.jpg

riccifw09.jpg

(style.com/ gettyimages.com)

I wrote in Balenciaga thread - completely different from what I expected... I don't even know what to say about it.
Even Lars Nilsson work for Ricci was better than this (and I thought his work wasn't bad).
However, I love the blue gown.

Holy Montana/Mugler!!!

MANY collections this season have referenced those two, on top of the fact that Mugler is doing Beyonce's tour costumes, I smell something in the air...

Some of this I don't actually mind. I really like the pink dress in #68

My first word was: wow!
But the shoes ,,,,,

This day has been strange

I actually really like it so far, something new and dramatic that teal strapless gown is gorgeous:heart: and that black sparkly gown on Tanya is amazing, and Im digging the crazy shoes.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->