Nina Ricci Ss05

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
00010f.jpg

For Lars Nilsson at Nina Ricci, third time really was a charm. Nilsson's first collection for this French house, best known for its scents, concentrated on lace, lingerie, and ladylike suits. His second was an eclectic mix—tweed jackets, sequin capelets, tees under chiffon blouses—in which some of the best elements got lost. For spring 2005, the designer successfully merged these two worlds—and all in a beautiful color palette of orchid, pebble, and blush (Ricci-speak for pale mauve, light khaki, and rose pink).
Nilsson's vision of spring, then, included both a slim top-stitched taffeta skirtsuit and a more casual combination of purple cardigan, scarf-print silk blouse, and above-the-knee skirt, its hem injected with a touch of volume. The standouts were the jackets (cut close to the body, with narrow shoulders, high armholes, and cropped sleeves) and dresses—in particular, one that was draped, bloused, and belted, the other a sweet confection of cotton, beading, and eyelet embroidery.

This was a somewhat repetitive show that would have benefited from a stricter edit. But the handwork on display—the embroideries, the lace trims, the ribboned lace—was typical of the love and respect that young designers at established French houses are now showing for couturelike details and finishes. Long may it last.

– Mark Holgate

from style.com

I loved the collection :heart: :blush:
thanks for the topic Lena :flower:

you are welcome tiffany :flower:

00220f.jpg

this just for the cute jacket

00250f.jpg

:blink: can tiiu catwalk?
this could look better on someone with non-dropping shoulders :innocent:

very delicate and lovely colors!!! i like this collection! cute shoes! (from what i can see from the pictures) :wub:

the hair were a bit :rolleyes:
but the make up was cute

after watching the whole collection, i wont agree that this is Lars' best offering for Ricci to date.. his past two collections were much stronger

I'm curious, where is it sold really? You never see his clothes in the magazines (then again, you don't see their ads either). So is it selling at all?

of course it is selling, they have their own boutique in Paris and they must be selling in US and Asia

I liked the last collection more but some if it is very nice & sweet. I suppose for me its the olours that aren't so good.

from what i see here...i like it very much...thanks for all the pics ... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->