Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 07.08 NYC

softgrey said:
it's nice to see him loosen up a bit and get 'real'...no?...
:P

I agree, very glad for him,
envy him almost, in a good way.
among the younger designers, he is my FAVORITE.
i can almost see myself it him.
he has always had the ability to do real clothes (not that his previous collections were unreal)
but sometimes.............
well, when you are almost playing to the press, sometimes you kinda loose focus of what is the real purpose of fashion,which is to dress people in real life that has a need for clothing that beautify them lift thier spirits and make them feel good about themselves

i really like the ones posted in #37
i do miss rochas though...
it was a bit more romantic, a bit more unrestrained but this is still nice

it still has that romanticism,i think. that'll never go away with oliver. even though i loved that sort of severity at rochas,i do like the nonchalance about this here.

excellent....it seems so natural yet still exutes the good old glamour that never gets old........

the yellow dress on lisa cant is exceptional:heart:

i really like what i'm seeing...:heart:
reese witherspoon looked beautiful in his dress at the golden globes and i think that this definitely doesn't deviate from the nina ricci aesthetic but still looks like theyskins's work as well

HQ of Reese's dress. The pattern is lovely. I didn't notice it before until this picture.

I would agree that the romanticism is still there but its a different kind of romance. The Rochas girl was serious and dark but the Ricci girl is very playful and light. Thankfully Oliver is talented enough to do both.

HQCB

hmm, well i guess, nice,
but...
Rochas was something else.
I say go on your own.

reese looked nice, but if she's the embodiment of the nina ricci "cool girl" than i don't think i'm going to like nina ricci much...
yes, *sayan, rochas definately was something else. the more i look at this collection (maybe i'm being too harsh? it's only a pre collection) the more disappointed i am. it doesn't have the same mystique that rochas had.

The full collection is up on Vogue.fr...it's all very simple yet elegant, a little bit New York, and a little bit Paris...hopefully it'll sell well. I'd love to see Theyskens keep a job for at least a decade.

from vogue.fr--
0001m.jpg
0002m.jpg

0003m.jpg
0004m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back