No Angels singer arrested over HIV claims

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
This came out sometime last week but i havent seen it here

NadjaBenaissa.jpg

img http://www.silberhimmel.de

www.bild.de/

A famous German popstar has been accused of having sex with several partners without informing them she had the deadly HIV virus - and one man has told BILD how he was intimate with Nadja Benaissa without using a condom.

The ‘No Angels’ star - who has sold more than five million records worldwide - has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm by infecting a former partner with HIV, the virus which causes AIDS.

Nadja, who shot to fame by winning the first series of the German talent show ‘Popstars’ in 2000, is now in custody so that she can’t infect anyone else.

The revelations came to light after an ex-lover, who only found out about the star’s disease after their affair, pressed charges against Nadja when he tested positive for HIV in 2008.

NOW ANOTHER MAN HAS SPOKEN TO BILD ABOUT HIS SEXUAL AFFAIR WITH THE SINGER.

Klaus W.* (37) had unprotected sex with popstar Nadja.

"I met Nadja in 2004. We liked each other and met up. I found her very attractive. At some point we went back to my house and got intimate.”

At the beginning of the affair the two apparently used condoms when they slept together.

Klaus added: “But later we decided to do it without protection.

"I didn’t think anything of it, I had just done an AIDS test myself, which was negative. I felt safe.

"Later I asked Nadja: 'Is everything OK with you health-wise?' She answered: ‘Yes, of course.’ I believed her.“

A few weeks later the affair ended and Klaus never saw Nadja again.

“Only two years later did someone tell me that Nadja had been HIV positive for years. I was pretty shocked that she hadn’t told me anything.

"I later questioned her on the telephone. She just said that if I was also infected then it doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with her.”

Klaus W. didn’t want to tell BILD whether he is also now HIV positive: “I will talk to the prosecutors about that. During the court case everything will come to light. I think that it is good that she is going to be held responsible.

"No one can do anything about getting ill. But every HIV-infected person must protect his or her sexual partner and require that they use a condom.

"That is the very least that they should do, if they are going to keep their illness from their partner.”

It is. You don't often see it as a female not informing male partners. I can't remember which songs of theirs I was obsessed with when I was younger....

also going by her looks am sure most men were willing to sleep with her this si a lesson to everyone that the sick people are not gaunt and on their deathbeds. Always protect urself

if true,how incredulously irresponsible.

:shock: :ninja: Irresponsible.

I liked them when I was kid,I watched the show when they all won and formed a group.It's really unbelievably irresponsible of her to do that,it's sick.

it was everywhere on the news last week.
i think it s sick to that to people, it s like taking a gun and shooting them in the back.
and how sad for her family.
she should be punished.
but it s also a lesson for everybody outthere.words are not a sure thing.

i happen to think that both parties are to blame though it was consetual no one was forced to do anything the guys shd hav known better than to sleep with her without protection

I hardly think someone is to be blamed for contracting aids, especially if their partner does not tell them of their condition. This woman disgusts me.

when he asked her is she had aids and she said no. she s to blame for lying.
i just wanna know WHY she did it. why would anyone do that to people willingly.
and her poor muslim family.

I hardly think someone is to be blamed for contracting aids, especially if their partner does not tell them of their condition. This woman disgusts me.

I do agree, what she did is a terrible thing but the lesson here is that you should always protect yourself especially when its someone you dont know very well. In this day and age everyone knows that AIDS is a killer, people go to bars get drunk and walk out with the hot girl to me this is no different from driving while drunk. You simply dont go asking people if they have it or not, some may not even know that they do. Just do the sensible thing and protect yourself instead of getting blinded by lust

:sick::sick::sick:

:censored:

:judge: ...hope she's gonna be charged for a long time ! + help with money for the best treatment to all her victims !

disgusting !
no excuse !

First of all, it is illegal to not inform someone that you are HIV positive if you are going to have sex with them (this of course depends on your being aware that you are HIV positive). This is why she was picked up and charged. So it's not a matter of someone lying about it (which heightens the offense), but the person who is HIV-positive is obliged to share this information with a partner. If they use protection and the HIV positive person doesn't share the information, and their sexual partner doesn't contract HIV, well then obviously nothing will happen. It's not simply being irresponsible, it is akin to a lesser version of manslaughter. I would say, more offensive than grievous bodily harm (though I'm not sure how offensive all countries treat it). If you do not inform someone you are HIV positive and they contract HIV, it is very likely that they will die from the disease. Hence, the criminal aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, i'm a bit shocked! I mean, there are people out there who have HIV but either don't know because are afraid to get tested or they know but really don't care who they infect.

You cannot sue someone for giving you a disease, and even saying that it was sexually transmitted, than it automatically becomes your fault, your responsibility. Unless you were raped, which is a whole another story.

wow, i'm a bit shocked! I mean, there are people out there who have HIV but either don't know because are afraid to get tested or they know but really don't care who they infect.

You cannot sue someone for giving you a disease, and even saying that it was sexually transmitted, than it automatically becomes your fault, your responsibility. Unless you were raped, which is a whole another story.

the minute she said that she doesn t have it to the guy who asked her, made it all her fault and her responsibility.
she knew what she was doing and knew he was gonna get infected yet had sex with him. that s just reckless and she should be severelly punished.

^completely agree meg.

as far as putting blame on this woman solely,well,she does deserve it. she's lying about her condition and not making it aware to them. yes the men could have been more insistent about using protection,but the bottom line is,if she knows and doesn't share it with her partners,that's despicable. listen this is a time and age when we are a lot more open about sexuality and STD's,specifically AIDS/HIV,and one would think we could have the intelligence,not even that,but just some kind of sense to let one's partner know. especially if embarking on intimacy.

HIV is life-changing and could lead to one's demise,and it's sad to see that there stories like these still out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
FASHIONLOVA

^ and which is why you shouldn't trust everyone! If you're planning in having sex with someone, atleast have the courtesy to go get tested(both) at the same time.

trust me, there has been many cases similar to this one and unfortunately there really isn't much someone could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->