Noma Han

This past Sunday, was Easter… now instead of heading to the Easter parade and showing off our Sunday best, Kirt and I decided to head out to NIKE 1st annual Stick ball party with a few of our friends. Before you say it, yes they are models. Who else would we hangout with.

This time around we were with the new fresh faces of Red Model Management and Request Model Management. We first stayed in SoHo for the Nike Stick ball party on Broome and Canal Street. We gorged ourselves with free tacos, chinese dumplings and numerous amounts of Mr. Softee Ice cream… can I say Hmmmm… Good!

After having a mini feast we decided let’s head down to BK. At first I was schematical, this girl doesn’t leave Manhattan unless it’s for a job. With some coaxing from the group I came along. We ended up at McCarren Park in Brooklyn. This is a hipster scene, a collegiate atmosphere that I have long parted ways with.

The model boys and gals were having fun goofing around in the park, taking in the gorgeous weather we were having. Micky from Request Models wanted to play baseball, the boys never played ball in their life. This was a scene to witness. Noma from Red Models took the catcher position, while Frey from Red Models took outfield with a cigarette in hand. I must say for a bunch of guys who never played ball they were pretty good, Until Micky broke the bat and ended the fun…. poor Micky. The guy hurt his hand and thought he broke it, but just to update all of you he’s fine. It was just bruised up from the impact.
As the day light faded into night, Micky, Noma and I headed back on the L train to Manhattan .We left Brooklyn with childish fun fare and a stomach filled with carb filled delights.
Thank you Brooklyn!
-By Geraldine Laiz
modelsoup

Behind the scene of The Renegades Photoshoot

Mirage Fashion Show

Austin Green's Exhibition

modelsoup

noma.jpg

Noma. What can I say about this amazing person? He’s touch us all with his animated personality and carefree spirit. Noma stayed with us for 2 months after the shows. He made us laugh pretty much every day. Woke me up for styling choices for his castings(I will so miss the daily interruptions). We were the first to ever fed him Lasagna (Kirt’s prized entree). Now Noma, as many have called him my “Baby Noma” has packed his bags and headed off back to Korea. Don’t worry he’ll be back in September, just in time for New York Fashion Week. Till than we can just remember and smile.
-By Geraldine Laiz
modelsoup

Just before Noma Han left to go back to Korea. Him and I decided to make a trip to Coney Island for one last shoot. Im calling it The Noma Invasion, Because.. Well.. If any of you know Noma personally, you know that he takes over a room just by walking in to it. His personality exceeds anyone and anything around him. Like a kid in a candy shop… Noma found Coney Island to be like nothing he had ever seen. He was amazed by the entire day.

Noma “Oh wow! My last day in New york at the B*tch”
Me “Noma, its a beach. not a B*tch”
Noma “B*tch, Beach.. whatever.. haha!”
I hope you enjoy the editorial, Its the first of many Model Soup Exclusives.
-Kirt Reynolds
modelsoup

United Colors of Benetton F/W 10.11 by Josh Olins

thefashionisto via tarsha

Noma Han

Filed Under: Blogger | Boys | Model | New York

“During Fashion Week, I walked in eight shows. They have a lot of flash – bam, bam, bam! When I walk on the runway, they all take pictures of me and I pose. I hear the sound, and it makes me so happy.” Noma Han

South Korea, where he grew up and “things are quiet,” was definitely not going to be a good fit for someone like Noma, who can barely contain his enthusiasm for everything. To call him passionate is an understatement, but he is, in the lightest and no less meaningful sense of the word. Noma came to New York on his own, barely speaking the language, and among many successes, is presently in the Benetton Ad Campaigns. He inhales the “bright lights” of the big cities, of which he has a lot of exposure of due to his modeling career, but humor with it all is never far behind. Noma loves what he refers to as “British style,” in his foulard suspenders, rolled jeans, Doc Martens, and bowler, but he equally jumps for joy in his skateboard-inspired, glow-in-the-dark Inventory sweatshirt. In addition to skateboarding in his spare time, he watches folkloric action cartoons like Wampus, whose skin stretches like rubber and draws his own Lampoon-like renderings for tattoos on his body. So refreshingly unencumbered by what other people think of him, Noma makes fashion fun and happy, as it should be. He can’t help but pull his Prince Peter t-shirt of the performance artist Lindsay Kemp over his face, and by doing so, he says something very profound without even trying: in the words of William Shakespeare, “all the world’s a stage.”

If you like Noma, you might also enjoy Nick Cohen or Shayne Oliver.
stylelikeu.com

More pictures and video here: http://stylelikeu.com/closets/noma-han/

Omg he is so cute. He was a bit overzealous when plucking his left eyebrow though :D

Vogue Hommes Japan #5 F/W 10.11
'POP BOYS'

Ph: Brett Lloyd
Styling: Nicola Formichetti

nicolaformichetti

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back