Numéro #196 September 2018 : Abbey Lee Kershaw & Jamie Bochert by Jean-Baptiste Mondino

amby

Reaction score
Source @numeromagazine Instagram.

39686739_10155912001858031_7339581303311826944_n.jpg

I´m loving Abbey´s comeback :smile: I could do without Jamie though... pose, expression, styling are all off imo.

The lighting is way too dark, especially on the first cover. You can barely see what's going on.
I was excited to see Abbey's name but I'm disappointed by what I see.
Her make up on her solo cover is tragic. The styling doesn't help either.
It feels very lazy overall. Another disappointment from Numéro.

LOVE to see Abbey and I also like Jamie but I hope the cover story is gonna be better than the covers themselves. And although I'm a big admirer of Abbey's work, Jamie's solo cover wins for me here.

The first cover looks like two girls in a nightclub, on the make and looking for a break, and the guy they meet is going to tell Abbey to get rid of her friend - a literal hanger-on - because he can 'make her big', but the entire story will end in addiction and disaster for everyone involved.

Not a fan of the layout or their expressions but Abbey looks like 2010 era Abbey and I'm getting so nostalgic.

The styling and lighting are just awful. What a waste of Abbey's talent!

Their joint cover is nice, but the individual ones aren't that great, very stiff.

In concept, Abbey and Jamie as a duo should be unquestionably produce a strong shoot. Unfortunately, Mondino’s been so lacklustre this last decade or two, and a pale shadow of the brand of wickedly slick imagery he would effortlessly conjure up in his prime, that the results here resemble random lighting test shots. :siiiiiiiiiigh:

Néo Pop

Photographer: Jean-Baptiste Mondino
Stylist: Babeth Djian
Hair: Nabil Harlow
Make-up: Tom Pecheux
Models: Abbey Lee, Jamie Bochert

Numéro Digital Edition

It looks very early 00's...When everybody was inspired by Berlin and the Belgium scene.
I kinda like it. It's a bit low budget but it's well executed. I find it still strange that Babeth is styling. I know she is a stylist but she didn't really developed an identity for me. But it's simple and effective.
Models on French magazines covers, YES!

Love Jamie. She is just effortlessly cool. She says she hates the business but it pays her bills—so I can only imagine where she’d be if she actually tried.

jamie's hair and makeup kinda reminds me of the Karl Lagerfeld fw 0708 show

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->