Number (N)ine Closes Down

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Hintmag reports that they received a letter from the brand:

It started with this quote: "When you're finished changing, you're finished." You guessed it: the Tokyo-based, Paris-showing men's label launched 12 years ago by Takahiro Miya****a is closing. The fall '09 collection—portentously called A Closed Feeling—was the last. Miya****a will exit the group, which has already begun disbanding, and "the brand as we know it will come to an end." The letter goes on to say "Over the last decade, Number (N)ine evolved, always forging ahead with a unique and potent vision, to emerge as one of the leading brands of Japan."

i am surprised. there were a number of people on TFS that were gaga for Number (N)ine's accessories...

:shock: that is shocking! i wonder why? economy?

^internal issues?. The quote says little, if it was the economy I would expect them to be a little more vocal about it. :unsure:

very strange, but sad, the label seemed so.. strong?, in comparison to others.

NOO! :cry: The fall men's wear show was amazing! And yeah maybe the economy shut em down, granted not everyone wants such fantastical clothes.:unsure:

oh i see. did not know N(N) was owned by a different group. still,very sad all the same.

Sad to see them go. What a fantastically romantic and subversive FW09 collection. Guess if you go out, it should be with a bang.

oh god!!! What????????That's so shocking...I Adore their last show...sad sad sad sad sad:cry::cry::cry:

that's pretty sad ...
though we don't really know the reasons of this closing ... i just wish recession could cause other labels damages and closing ... :innocent:
:ninja:

I'm not really shocked and can't quite understand why others are. This brand never seemed to really have a strong identity.

i found this number (n)ine tank a week or 2 ago. can anybody tell what season it might be from? it is made of cotton and woven stainless steel (tag lists 55% cotton/45% stainless).

nn1.jpg

nn2.jpg

pix by me

I'm not really shocked and can't quite understand why others are. This brand never seemed to really have a strong identity.

they had an identity, but not really enough time to build a clientel.

actually i disagree that n (n) hadn't a strong identity....the very reason i liked it was because of it's more experimental twists on classics. and his shoes were brilliant!

great piece fashoff! i can't decipher what season it came from though...seems like a spring piece,no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->