NY Fashion Week S/S 05 Schedule

NYC does not excite me. Bring on Paris Fashion Week! :clap:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 16 2004, 04:39 PM
OMG I LIKE, COMPLETELY FORGOT! I CAN'T WAIT FOR BOTH MARC SHOWS! OMG!
[snapback]334632[/snapback]​

:rofl: You sound like Hillary Swank in her New York Magazine interview.

Ew. I still have that issue somewhere. Never bothered to read the interview, though. I'm sure I didn't miss much.

Originally posted by Salvatore@Aug 16 2004, 11:44 PM
NYC does not excite me. Bring on Paris Fashion Week! :clap:
[snapback]334638[/snapback]​

You read my mind!

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 14 2004, 07:25 PM
at least there are a few good people
as four, tess giberson, rachel comey, jeremy scott

dos cameila staerk normally show in NYC?
[snapback]332279[/snapback]​

No, I think that she normally shows in London but there's a lot of changes with Camilla Stærk at the moment. She got some sponsors and I guess that might be the cause ?

Only looking forward to Doo.Ri, Cloak, Chado Ralph Rucci, Benjamin Cho, Alexander Herchcovitch, Stephen Burrows, Tess Giberson, I.C.R. vs Deth Killers of Bushwick, Camilla Staerk, Menichetti, Narciso Rodriguez and, yes, just for the sake of checking them out: they hyped-ones and some newbies.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 16 2004, 04:58 PM
Ew. I still have that issue somewhere. Never bothered to read the interview, though. I'm sure I didn't miss much.
[snapback]334659[/snapback]​

No, you didn't.

Tess Giberson for moi....of course! She's really the only redeeming talent NY has. No offense to the others,but since Daphne and Nicole(from Bruce)has gone,Tess is really the only solid designer amongst the indie scene,because there isn't a lack of continuity that I see from most of the other designers.

Btw,Camilla Stærk also showed in NY during the Spring 04 shows and I believe afterwards in London she did an off-schedule showroom presentation. Seems a pattern going on since for Autumn she did a show in London and now she's in NY again.

Fashion week flash
New York

For many editors, attending fashion shows is not so much a perk as it is a chore. Especially since most catwalk presentations find their way onto the internet (catwalking.com, style.com, etc), we can often do our jobs from home with the assistance of our friend ADSL. Still, nothing beats a live presentation, so for the upcoming New York shows (which don't usually get directional coverage on these pages), here are a few highlights to look out for.

The scene at the Bryant Park tents - which becomes more low key each season, but involves as much posturing as ever — offers a reliable talent pool that includes Peter Som, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, and Narciso Rodriguez. Avant-garde darlings Imitation of Christ and AsFour return to the tents this season as does Carlos Miele — all three showed at private venues last season. Richard Chai, formerly of Tse, is also showing his collection in Bryant Park. Ghost is back in New York after a few seasons in London, and Heathette will have one of the most difficult tickets to find as they prepare for prime time. Autralians Sass & Bide and Brazilian Alexandre Herchcovitch are both highly buzzed.

Most heads turn off-site to Mao space, this season at the Altman Building, for independent designers and a glimpse of who might end up at Bryant Park soon. Mao promises 14 presentations including Morgan D'Alessandro, Cat Swanson, Keenan Dufty, Samantha Treacy, Guido, and Gary Graham. Gen Art always saves their best discoveries for Fresh Faces, this season at the Manhattan Center, featuring the runway debut of six womenswear (This Dress is Your House by Olivia Wildz, Sarah, Gam in Gale by Hye-jin, Katie Zorn, Eventide and Alice Ritter) and two menswear lines (Noah by Brendon Babenzien and Yuko Yoshitake). Seven New York, which last season brought Raf Simons to grateful New Yorkers, will remain on the sidelines while they relocate to a larger space. Literally showing underground this season is Yeohlee, in a celebration of the Metropolitan Transit Authority. Brands including Proenza Schouler and Marc Jacobs are choosing to present at off-site locations to ensure a level of privacy, while emerging brands like Cloak stay off-site to preserve their outsider identity.

Benjamin Cho and VPL will be showing their catwalk presentation at an undisclosed midtown location in collaboration with Seventh House.

Positioned to overshadow all of these events is the highly anticipated Terminal Five exhibit that we predict will cause stampedes to Kennedy airport (where the event is taking place) during fashion week.

-Michael Cohen
jc report

Yeohlee

NYC-fall-1.jpg

thanks runner....whose dress is that?...

edit...nevermind...i see now... :flower:

i want to go to perry ellis...

maybe tess giberson...and sass and bide...we'll see...

hmmm....maybe roland mouret...is he showing...? :ermm:
yup...

any thoughts on sebastian pons...?... :unsure:

you're welcome softgrey

to confess the truth, when I first saw some of SP stuff at the store, I mistook them for Tess Giberson. (sorry Scott)

Tess, Perry Ellis, Ralph Rucci, Mark's shows, Alexander Herchcovitch & Roland M. (what a suprise, on their first ever NY seasons) Peter Som and As Four are worth checking

for business reasons i need to follow DKNY, Calvin Klein, Herrera & Michael Kors

ps> I think Anna Sui will be showing some of "our" fabrics* yuppiiii

*fabrics from the manufaturer i've been consulting

i thought roland mouret showed in ny last season??...am i senile?...

i believe its his first ever NY show softie :P

i think that's your gentle way of saying that i'm senile... :ermm: :o

:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->