Nylon October 2008 : Zooey Deschanel by Hilary Walsh

I've seen worse covers :ninja:
thanks for posting

why are they shoving those pathetic fame-wh*ring london/LA/NY scenesters upon us. It's like the definitive scenester list of the world 2008. Oh well. Baby steps for Nylon, I guess. Zooey and Coco (who actually work, seem smart and independent enough and are known for other things other than incessant partying/star-f@#$%^/mugging for cobrasnake) will make up for their annoying mugs I hope. My teenaged self used to look up to the people they featured here in the early 2000s, because they seemed cool, independent and confident. I wouldn't want my 14 year old sister putting these kids on a pedestal.

I don't get it, there are more fashionable/gorgeous scenesters out there as well, why do they choose these horrendous looking people who look like they just rolled out of bed all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
The It Girl Issue! :blink: That has to be a mistake, they forgot to put the SH in front of the It on the cover. :lol: I kid, I like me some Coco Rico

well, the cover is nice not so sure about the contents

Daisy Lowe, Peaches Geldof and Cory Kennedy :ninja:

why are they shoving those pathetic fame-wh*ring london/LA/NY scenesters upon us. It's like the definitive scenester list of the world 2008. Oh well. Baby steps for Nylon, I guess. Zooey and Coco (who actually work, seem smart and independent enough and are known for other things other than incessant partying/star-f@#$%^/mugging for cobrasnake) will make up for their annoying mugs I hope. My teenaged self used to look up to the people they featured here in the early 2000s, because they seemed cool, independent and confident. I wouldn't want my 14 year old sister putting these kids on a pedestal.

I don't get it, there are more fashionable/gorgeous scenesters out there as well, why do they choose these horrendous looking people who look like they just rolled out of bed all the time?

the cover is an improvement for their standards....but your right !!!!

yeah the cover is better but the eds and articles are just terrible. Again. Hipster overload, and yes I know this is Nylon but now "Cody Kennedy"? Do we need a second generation of myspace hipsters? Flipped through it once it came in the mail and that was enough.

Although TFS got name checked on the article on Isabelle McNally or whatever her name is. So good for TFS I guess? :unsure:

^Cody too, her sister. There's only a letter difference, bit weird to name your children almost the same thing, no? :blink:

Cory looked terrible in the ed, frumpy and the clothing was unflattering.

Pixie how to put this, is less than model-esque in line and proportion.

Also, it's supposed to be an ed of her in HER country home. I think Sir Bob actually owns it Nylon. And I loled at the books in her country library: Garrison Keillor "Leaving Home", 80 yrs of Cryptic Crosswords and Taipan by James Clavell. Ah yes, cutting edge deep tomes that enhance the editorial. Or maybe not.

So here's the list of this year's It Girls according to Nylon:

Daisy Lowe who has yet to do anything of note, now says she's "desperate to break free from modelling." But doesn't want to go into making music just yet. Which means she's doing....something?

Cody Kennedy is an aspiring actor; "oh my Gods" liberally, literally puncture her sentences" according to the writer. How exactly does a figure of speech literally puncture sentences? I do not know. Cody seems very confused: " I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it means [being an It Girl]."

Coca Rocha.

There's Teyana Taylor who is famous for being a bratty kid on MTV's Sweet 16.

Harley Viera-Newton, I don't know what she does.

Isabelle Mcnally who apparently didn't finish high school.

Alexa Chung.

Abigail Lorick (don't know who she is).

Portia Freeman, sometime Pete Doherty gf and sometime model.

So there you have it the It Girls list from Nylon and I spared you $3.99:lol:

By the way, the article about Lou. The pictures and articles are already online somewhere with a video and more photos. :rolleyes:

the cover looks beautiful, but some of these scenesters need to be flushed:judge:

I am really satisfied with this cover! The contents however, seem to be lacking.
I'm also hoping this isn't a trick like last time (the Clémence, Anja, Chloë issue) -
this could have a lot of potential, I pray they do not disappoint :heart:

I can't wait to see the articles and editorials!

^Cody too, her sister. There's only a letter difference, bit weird to name your children almost the same thing, no? :blink:

Cory looked terrible in the ed, frumpy and the clothing was unflattering.

Pixie how to put this, is less than model-esque in line and proportion.

Also, it's supposed to be an ed of her in HER country home. I think Sir Bob actually owns it Nylon. And I loled at the books in her country library: Garrison Keillor "Leaving Home", 80 yrs of Cryptic Crosswords and Taipan by James Clavell. Ah yes, cutting edge deep tomes that enhance the editorial. Or maybe not.

So here's the list of this year's It Girls according to Nylon:

Daisy Lowe who has yet to do anything of note, now says she's "desperate to break free from modelling." But doesn't want to go into making music just yet. Which means she's doing....something?

Cody Kennedy is an aspiring actor; "oh my Gods" liberally, literally puncture her sentences" according to the writer. How exactly does a figure of speech literally puncture sentences? I do not know. Cody seems very confused: " I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it means [being an It Girl]."

Coca Rocha.

There's Teyana Taylor who is famous for being a bratty kid on MTV's Sweet 16.

Harley Viera-Newton, I don't know what she does.

Isabelle Mcnally who apparently didn't finish high school.

Alexa Chung.

Abigail Lorick (don't know who she is).

Portia Freeman, sometime Pete Doherty gf and sometime model.

So there you have it the It Girls list from Nylon and I spared you $3.99:lol:

By the way, the article about Lou. The pictures and articles are already online somewhere with a video and more photos. :rolleyes:

Abigail Lorick is a fashion designer. She is a ghost designer for fictional character Eleanor Waldorf on Gossip Girl. I actually really liked hre most recent fashion show, you should check it out in the Desingers/collections forum.

From the Nylon mag livejournal group.

I think I speak for everybody when I say hot dayumn.

What the hell is up with Coco here? Anyways I don't get what is so amazing or renew subscription worthy about this cover? It looks like most of the Nylon covers this year. I'm sure the contents are boring as well considering that most of the time Nylon is just composed of long articles about internet hipsters.

^^Thanks edithandbob! Not a Gossip Girl fan, so I didn't know.

^well, it's an improvement over some of the other covers I've gotten. Like the Mischa Barton one. And I actually do like Zooey Deschanel so I was happy to see her.

I don't think I will renew the free subscription I have to Nylon. It is entertaining on some level to read it anyway. Although a lot of things leave me scratching my head.

I love that Zooey got the cover, but I hate how she was shuffled in with no-name hipsters. She's better than that. :(

Although TFS got name checked on the article on Isabelle McNally or whatever her name is. So good for TFS I guess? :unsure:

:lol: i think they only mentioned us because they know we bash them so often. maybe they thought that would be a peace offering. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->