Nylon October 2008 : Zooey Deschanel by Hilary Walsh

i'm so over nylon. it's just becoming a magazine for 14 year old girls with personality issues who look up to those it girls.

and why make an it girls issue if they talk about them in every single one of them?

I couldn't agree more! Peaches in particular has come to embody everything I loathe about hipsters. It's so depressing that some young girls would look up to someone with no discernable talent or personable traits... hopefully they (and NYLON - which, if it continues like this, I can't see myself wanting to buy ever again, and I used to love it) will grow out of it.

I have to say ,this was a big disappointment.Nylon has just been giving more of the same every month.Luckily I got this for free, so I need to buy a more mentally satisfying magazine for this month.

I agree, Nylon is pretty much scenester 24-7. I miss the old days. The cover is nice though.. Love Zooey :smile:

I have old issues from 2004 and 2005. I treasure those issues and try to keep them tiptop shape. It used to be such a beautifully crafted magazine, and now it is one of the worst out there. I die when I read reader's letters now, they all think the magazine is such a hot and stylish read.

^ oh im right there with you girl!
idk what has gotten to marvin scott jarrett
his mag is just going down hill
and he really needs to stop photographing
the cover stars he is not that great and
should leave it to the pros!

but it's so funny that
nylon japan is like wayyyyyyy wayy wayyy cooler then
nylon us will ever be!

oh anf nylon korea
even if they used lindsay lohan on thier preimere issue cover
they are gonna be sooo bomb

I have old issues from 2004 and 2005. I treasure those issues and try to keep them tiptop shape. It used to be such a beautifully crafted magazine, and now it is one of the worst out there. I die when I read reader's letters now, they all think the magazine is such a hot and stylish read.

I agree with you & I have issues back to 1999 which I'd never part with. I feel the same way about V Magazine which I stopped buying after V40.

I agree so much with all the comments posted above. It's a bit funny that Nylon has a little wee shout out to tfs in this issue, and everyone is (deservedly) trashing them in this thread...:lol:

well perhaps 'shoutout' was overstating the issue....they just mention us in an article :lol:

I looked through this at the store today (happily let my subscription run out quite some time ago!) It looks like they're changing the fonts and layouts, it looks scarce, cheap, and done on a whim.

The entire magazine caters to thirteen-year-olds who admire Cory Kennedy and Marykate Olsen. I can't take anyone seriously when they say they like this magazine. This magazine used to be my favorite, what a shame.

well perhaps 'shoutout' was overstating the issue....they just mention us in an article :lol:

Yeah I noticed that right way, and then left my magazine (wasn't that great) to log on to tFS and see if anyone else had noticed that mention too! :lol: :wink:

I find Zooey so incredibly boring...
Cute is just another word for so dull...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->