Olivier Theyskens S/S 2022 Paris

I usually don't comment on the collections because there's not much to see, but THIS?! This is something special!

Theyskens reminding us why he still deserves to be around. Masterful work that is leaps and bounds above what most of the Instagram designers are showing. Absolutely magical.

Easily my favourite of the season and love the simplicity of presentation. The clothes even look fabulous on the mannequin, which put all the major fashion houses in shame given their enormous budget on the set but barely there creativities.

Someone give him a cash injection so he can get models and stage a proper show already. Also wish they’d get in closer and show us the back view, etc.

On the collection; its easily going into top 5 for the season for me. What else is there to say it’s just really beautiful lol. Look 8 is a like a Fantin-Latour painting wrapped around the body.

Gorgeous. And personally I think it looks better on a mannequin! No model today really knows how to give clothes justice, so it’s nice to not be distracted by some gangly spider girl.

Love all the work that went into these pieces. Very special. So elegant.

this, along with loewe, is one of the very few shows where I can go through every single look without feeling bored and want to zoom in and check out all the details. I just wish that 95% of the designers had the talent to step up their game...

The textile treatments are amazing.
It's sad that such beautiful garments aren't shown on models.

Interesting textures, but when is the fashion show?

Wonderful. I wish I could see the looks closely because pictures don't give them justice. The textures must be gorgeous in real life, especially after all the treatments such as cooking the fabrics to give them a Fortuny-like effect. BTW, The complexity of the process forced Theyskens to move into the made-to-measure model this season.

That second dress looks like one I have from him (black and navy blocks).. on acid, literally. And I. want. it. Also the pearly whites are soo pretty and addictive to look at.. one picture is not enough!

With the exception of the wedding dress, which I'd pick in a heartbeat, the last gowns look like an audition for clients in the show business.. I'm sure he had his fun making them but if I have to see them on the rest of the Kardashians (given the success of the leather dress Khloe wore).. jeez.. it's probably not as smart but wish he had spend time doing garments for regular people instead.. more of his gorgeous jackets and boots for example.

I'm fine with this presentation because... his casting in the past year has been awful, at least these mannequins don't look like fetuses.

Hands down the only collection this season that is worth looking at. The only show that matters.

Absolutely gorgeous, tender, emotional, perfection. So sophisticated and elegant and timeless. Apparently Olivier said that with this collection, he never cared for patchwork, but managed to do it in a way that worked for him. That's the kind of thinking that really shows the work of a great designer. It's similar to how Miuccia used to work - to take something she doesn't care for and figure out how to make it her own and how to love it.

My favorite look is the nude turtleneck cardigan with the pink, peach and lavender patchwork skirt.

I would love for him to figure out a way to continue on with this kind of business model somehow - to really take the time and care and love to develop these gorgeous clothes.

It’s the only collection that made me feel emotional. So beautiful. It made me think of his iconic work at Nina Ricci. Im inspired by his color use, it’s poetic and sensitive. It’s what i expect from him and it’s so so needed in this time.

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS! I wish we could've seen this in motion, but still, this is so so amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->