Oluchi Onweagba

I'm not feeling her. I find her face to be rather regular, and she lacks prescence. Nothing about her grabs me. Sorry.

Em

Urban Stylin said:
She has been in the game for quite a while io mean she won the elite face of africa in 1997 or was it 98??she was in a gap ad like in 98 and alsowhemn she had just come out she was named among the best catwalk models of that time by American vogue> i saw her walk at a face ofafrica contest and trust me there are few that can glide a whole 6'2 frame that way:D
Well I take your word for it. I just was put completely off when watching Victoria's Secret. And I didn't know she had been around that long.

This is a very old pic I accidentaly stumbled upon at the fall 1999 Dior couture show...

00099.L.JPG

She is so very tall. I remember seeing her walk pass Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott's show (I think F/W 2001 ) and Devon looked like a midget. I really like her :smile:

Some new for me, but older photos.

Attachments

• ouluchi.jpg
    ouluchi.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 127
  • ouluchi2.jpg
    ouluchi2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 129
  • ouluchi3.jpg
    ouluchi3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 127
She kind of has an Alek Wek feel to me but much much more feminine. Where has she gone though? She was a favorite, but it seems like I haven't seen her lately.

funnyfan said:
For my money, she's the best african model since Naomi Campbell-- I don't think even pretty Liya Kedebe can compare to her. I think she's all types of gorgeous... what about you? :blush:
love Oluchi for the record Naomi campbell isn't African like you stated^ she isn't american either so she can't be classified as african american. I belive she is british.

Now that's what I call a POUT!

She's stunning!! Quite versatile... :smile:

i :heart: oluchi... such a wonderful body, a lovely face, an all around excellent model, although a bit underused :flower:

Oluchi is definitely one of my all time favorite models and still is. She is so versatile, thats why I love her. she has got gorgeous eyes too, and those killer cheekbones. I am happy she is doing Victoria secrets as she has being very visible in VS print and television ad campaigns.

I doubt she is doing covergirl though, i checked the CG website and Kiara Kabukuru and Eva(ANTM 3 winner) are the ones listed

That purple hued Lancome ad looks like Georgianna Robinson, not Oluchi. Are you sure it's her?

modelgig said:
Oluchi is definitely one of my all time favorite models and still is. She is so versatile, thats why I love her. she has got gorgeous eyes too, and those killer cheekbones. I am happy she is doing Victoria secrets as she has being very visible in VS print and television ad campaigns.

I doubt she is doing covergirl though, i checked the CG website and Kiara Kabukuru and Eva(ANTM 3 winner) are the ones listed

I would have to agree- I do not think Oluchi has ever done anything with CG- you might have her mistaken for Kiara.

As for work- I really dont think she is looking for work too hard, she 's probably fine with being a bit low-key but she is a reg. model for LUCA LUCA (thats her BF)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/fashion/specials/africanbeauties/pagina_4_1.html

OLUCHI ONWEAGBA
Birth country: Nigeria
Oluchi Onweagba's sensual face, perfect figure and infinitely long legs have helped her to the top of the fashion league, where she's modelled for everyone from Gianfranco Ferre to Gap.

Oluchi has come a long way since 1998, when, as a young 16-year-old she scooped the M-Net "Face Of Africa" contest. "I never thought I would be on a plane, I had no idea I would leave my mum, leave Lagos," says Oluchi, who was discovered selling bread on the streets of Lagos. "It happened all of a sudden."

"Face Of Africa" earned the 6ft 2in catwalk star � one of five children born to a nurse and a civil servant � a three-year, $150,000 modelling contract with Elite. And she's also set new standards for what's sexy in fashion. "I think I reflect a lot of African beauty," she says. "I am African. And I am beautiful."

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

More

Attachments

• vogue-span-1204-piel-01.jpg
    vogue-span-1204-piel-01.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48
  • vogue-span-1204-piel-02.jpg
    vogue-span-1204-piel-02.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 40