Ann Markley

PussyLee

Reaction score
Tomboyish Ann from America's Next Top Model, has what it takes to be the Next Top Supermodel. She has that Amazonian built. Very healthy, Strong and Athletic built. And the girl has a flawless mug!!! She's sooo beautiful. She's awkawrd right now and kinda weird but she has the potential to bring back that Supermodel Era we're waiting for. Ann's beauty reminds us of Cindy Crawford, same bone structure and body type. A regular woman can relate to, and her face is non-threatening. Unlike the foreigners like Gisele or Daria who look like came from other planets and turn-off mainstream people to fashion. I like the All-American Look to come back. Healthy, girl next door types. Something you can relate too! Don't you?

i like this girl, i think she COULD make it possibly. Her height is good (5"11) and she looks a little bit like an american version of eugenia.

I like her.
ep05_21.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 6 2004, 04:56 PM
No, I actually don't really. And since when is Daria a "foreigner?" :huh:
[snapback]420760[/snapback]​
I'm with purple
are you trying to say that Daria and Gisele are "foreigners" because they're not American?? :huh:
Ann's alright, and I'm sure she could do well, but I don't relate to the "All-American" ideal look any more than I relate to other looks, infact I don't like it nearly as much as an "etheral" or "exotic" look :unsure:

I find ann's personality a turn off, but she is nice to look at. She doesn't seem to have the natural flair to take over and change the current look of modeling though.

Yeah, I don't see her making a big impact on or changing the modeling world in any way, but I certainly think she could fit in. I want Ann to win.

I have never been a big fan of Norelle. She just doesn't do it for me. She is odd-looking, but not in the cool mysterious way that so many supermodels do.

Of course Gisele and Daria are foreigners. Gisele is Brazilian and Daria is from the Ukrain. Brazilians are known to have great genes. They're just blessed with amazing bodies and extraordinary features. The same with Ukrainians. I'm sorry but I'm an Ameican and I'm rooting for that All-American look to comeback!
All American beauties like Cindy Crawford, Niki Taylor, Amber Valetta and Angela Lindvall. I want that look to come back in fashion. Recently fashion flirted with the Brazilians, Belgians,Russians, and Canadians. That is good because its more global, but its not too much to ask, If I said I want the all-American look to come back, isn't it?

Not that I mind really, but none of the models on the Vogue US September supermodel cover were American :innocent:

As for Ann, she is very pretty, Eugenia Volodina-like... but just too plain and non-photogenic (although she is getting better!).

PussyLee, if what you're looking for is all-American, then you're going to have to look to the Native Americans. Other than that group, everyone in North America is a "foreigner" by your standards. And just for your information, Daria is Canadian.

Canadian Born, 22-year-old 5'10 Daria Werbowy is the current it girl Of the moment. After winning A model Of The Year contest in canada, Daria has since signed on with IMG and is known as the face of Prada and has walked for Burberry and Marni.

PurpleLuzcrezia, My Dear, Daria's parents are from Ukrain. I read somewhere that all of them are Ukrain Immigrants. Anyways........Gisele and Darias' beauty are not All-American.

Originally posted by PussyLee@Nov 6 2004, 08:26 PM
PurpleLuzcrezia, My Dear, Daria's parents are from Ukrain. I read somewhere that all of them are Ukrain Immigrants. Anyways........Gisele and Darias' beauty are not All-American.
[snapback]420947[/snapback]​
I realize that, thanks, but the fact that your ancestor's weren't born someplace doesn't make you any less of that nationality. I consider myself Canadian despite the fact that I can't trace my lineage back to the Plains peoples, for example.
:huh: I'd really like to see what you consider all-American.

I Told you already, PurpleSweetie, Cindy C., Niki T., Amber Valetta, and Angela Lindvall!

I know what you mean about nationality. But clearly Gisele's and Daria's look are not American. I'm sure Gisele by now behaves or feels at home here in California. But She's carrying and waving the Brazilian flag in the runway. She brings that flavor and thats the beauty of it! I just want an All-American girl to succeed!

I understand what you're saying but I still have a problem with the term "all american" - because it implies that american good looks are only visible among a very limited type of model - namely caucasian girls :unsure:

I apologize for my slowness here, but I still have no clue how they are any more American than the other girls. Angela Lindvall is of Dutch ethnicity, Cindy Crawford is rumored to have some Native American in her, and Amber Valletta seems to be just about as indigenous as Paris Hilton is. Also, is there any correlation between these women all having pale skin, eyes and hair? Would you consider for example, Naomi Campbell to be a true British citizen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->