Orthopaedic Mules

kit

Reaction score
I have just had a post from the ' ABC Luxe ' website , to the effect that orthopaedic mules or sandals are going to be BIG BIG BIG this year , as Karl Lagerfeld is doing them for CHANEL , and CELINE has collaborated with SCHOLL on a similar style . :o :o :o

Is this a continuation of the BIRKENSTOCK phenomenon of last summer ? :wink: :wink: :wink:

KIT :innocent:

I saw the Celine one's at the store, and the first thing I said to my mom was "those look like Dr Scholl's"!! I just thought they were look-alikes, didn't know they were actual collaborations?

Paul Frank sholls were HUGE last summer,
so i just see this as a continuation, why not?
they can look cute when worn in the right way (jeans etc)

i will not wear them myself,
sticking with fresh coloured french canvas espandilles,
flat, heels, with and without ribbons (and edition keds/lacoste)

i swore i would never wear a pair of birks, but when i ggot my t-straps last year...i have to say...they are adorable with a miniskirt...sort of like an alternative to a slouchy boot...a bit heavier than a thin soled sandal when you need that extra something...plus they are great when you have a day full of running around in the city... :ninja: :innocent:

the CELINE sholls are really ugly. much thicker than the actual classic sholl and the buckle is so tacky on it.

i like labels like sholl and birks to stay original with NO collaborating :wink:

Um...in the words of Summer from The OC:

"Ew."

I saw somewhere that moccasins are supposed to really big this year too. Again I shall say:

"Ew."

I'll stick to my flip flops and heels.

celine ones

fashion80e.jpg
:unsure:

I remember back in like 1997 when those Dr. Scholl's ones were all the rage and you could get irridescent ones :sick:.

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 15th, 2004 - 6:51 pm
Um...in the words of Summer from The OC:

"Ew."

I saw somewhere that moccasins are supposed to really big this year too. Again I shall say:

"Ew."

I'll stick to my flip flops and heels.
moccasins look really cute when worn the right way...

I admit to owning a pair :innocent:

Originally posted by delmayte@Apr 16th, 2004 - 3:01 am
they dont even look comfortable
they are extremelly comfortable , but i sure like the Paul Frank ones best

Originally posted by Glamourina@Apr 15th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
I remember back in like 1997 when those Dr. Scholl's ones were all the rage and you could get irridescent ones :sick:.
hahaha..i remember in 1977 when they first came out and my mom had a pair... :innocent: around the same time as clogs and peasant/hippie style...and it's coming around again...

i think they're cute, but i don't find them comfortable at all... :shock:

just to add-i agree with leyla about the origins of the brand...
to me, buying a designer version of scholl's or birks is like buying a knock-off...i'll stick with the original please... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->