Overrated/Underrated

(i hope this would include some bands/artists from the past as well)
underrated-
the shortwave set
broadcast
add n to (x)
blonde redhead
hk119
rotary connection(really fantastic 60's/70's chicago psychedelic band)
ananda shankar
craig armstrong
bent
alice coltrane(i still don't think alice got the recognition she deserved)
barry adamson
sonic youth(although long a cult favourite,they started so much and i don't think ever properly got credit for much)
japan
suicide

Last edited by a moderator:
Underrated:

Heartless Bastards
The La's
Joy Division
Pavement
The Pixies
My Bloody Valentine

Overrated:

Moby
My Chemical Romance
Franz Ferdinand
Coldplay (am I the only one who thinks they're a lesser degree of U2?) :ninja:
The Killers
Cornor Oberst AKA Bright Eyes

Cannot agree that Bloc Party are overrated .The band is really great and the music they make is amazing.

Definitely agree that Ladyhawke is underrated. Was lucky enough and saw her live last year and she was amazing + her album is a really really good piece of great music

Cannot agree that Bloc Party are overrated .The band is really great and the music they make is amazing.

i'm with you here coz, well, one of my all time fave songs is the prayer. :D

i agree that green day and the kaiser chiefs are overrated though. but then again, we all have different opinions....

I think The Velvet Underground is kind of underrated. I don't know anyone who listens to them (besides me my tFs friends).

And my dad thinks The Doors is overrated.

^omg....VU are really. didn't even think about that. i would say nico solo was pretty under-appreciated.

Waaay overrated:
COLDPLAY! :yuk:
im 100% with you!

overrated: U2
Madonna
Beyonce
Rihanna....

underrated: Blur
PJ Harvey
Tori Amos

Overrated:
The Rolling Stones (I love them but they weren't close to be the greatest rock n roll band in history like some claim)
Madonna (she's just so average to me)
Lady GaGa (so far she's only produced songs about sex, who hasn't?)

Underrated:
The Killers (Sam's Town was of course their best and most hated album, but they showed some real talent)
MICAHEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Fray (actually a good, legit band)
Joan Jett (she has a really original voice and she's just cool)
Led Zeppelin (ok maybe not overrated but they deserve their rating)

Underrated:

MICAHEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quote]

well, back in the 80s MJ was a superstar, and since he stopped recording it is no wonder he was left out,but people are aware of what he brought to music industry...he was and still is inspiration for many artists...i find him not underrated but missunderstood...

Overrated:
The Rolling Stones (I love them but they weren't close to be the greatest rock n roll band in history like some claim)
Madonna (she's just so average to me)
Lady GaGa (so far she's only produced songs about sex, who hasn't?)

Underrated:
The Killers (Sam's Town was of course their best and most hated album, but they showed some real talent)
The Fray (actually a good, legit band)
Joan Jett (she has a really original voice and she's just cool)
Led Zeppelin (ok maybe not overrated but they deserve their rating)

I totally agree about Lady Gaga. Her songs are ok for me, she has nothing special IMO.

scott completely agree with the shortwave set being underrated. i absolutely love them :heart: 'is it any wonder' is one of my favourites of theirs
i don't think blonde redhead are so underrated though, i remember them being pretty popular a couple of years ago when they released misery is a butterfly

underrated for me at the moment - M83, bic runga & phoenix

overrated - MGMT

Underrated
Lykke Li
She & Him
Emiliana Torrini
CSS
The Boy Least Likely To

Overrated
Katy Perry
Coldplay
Rhianna
all those rappers in general

underrated
rufus wainwright
ryan adams
deerhoof
m83
mono

overrated
nirvana
tori amos
amy winehouse

I think The Velvet Underground is kind of underrated. I don't know anyone who listens to them (besides me my tFs friends).[

I do!! Heroin:mohawk:
I guess they are underrated because they were underground.:lol:

Michael Jackson was definitely under-appreciated, to say the least.

Underrated:
PJ Harvey
Cat Power

scott completely agree with the shortwave set being underrated. i absolutely love them :heart: 'is it any wonder' is one of my favourites of theirs
i don't think blonde redhead are so underrated though, i remember them being pretty popular a couple of years ago when they released misery is a butterfly

underrated for me at the moment - M83, bic runga & phoenix

overrated - MGMT

i understand what you mean but i think comparing them with so many bands that are more famous,out there,their sense of artistry is terribly underappreciated and undervalued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->