Oversized Basic T-Shirts- Are they here to stay? Out? or In?

I only wear oversized t shirts when lounging around the house or sleeping.

I'm not that tall (5'7), so wearing one out in public would look weird on me.

I love oversized tees! Not huuuuuge ones, but bit oversized (1 or 2 size bigger than normal fitted tee). I usually wear them with skinny jeans, heels and a blazer. I think an oversized tee and a sharp blazer makes nice contrast :smile:

^agreed with Turquoise, loving oversized tees under sharp blazer. Legging underneath emphasize the assemble. Love it love it.

^I love that look too!

the only danger about this style is that it's sooo comfortable you risk getting stuck in the leggings + oversized T-shirt style. :ninja:

Nothing is better than an oversized basic shirt you can throw over a pair of jeans or even just belt it. It's versatile, it's comfortable, it's here to stay.

^Don't quote pictures.

Yeah, I used to hate this, but now I really like it. I can hide my tummy pudge. It can actually be really flattering. I really think it's a new classic, like skinny jeans. I don't see it going anywhere real soon. I think fashion is moving in a comfortable-casual direction, and this clearly fits that.

I don't like it. Far too shapeless for me. And I'm only five feet with 32D bust so I not only look way bigger than I am thanks to my boobs causing a draped curtain look, but I also look ridiculous because it totally makes me look shorter than I am (if possible!), by giving me this drowned appearance in the super big top, like I'm wearing my mom's clothes or something, heh. It does nothing to flatter me at all, so this is a clear pass for me. I can deal with a little "over sized-ness", but for the most part, I keep my tops somewhat fitted and form-fitting. I could definitely see how this trend would appeal if you're trying to hide like a gut or something, though, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a XXS tshirt on Asos, they mixed it up and send me a XXL... instant love for the oversized tshirt trend LOL
I´m wearing one right now with skinny jeans and a belt :smile:

I think The Oversized Basic T-shirt is a wardrobe staple. No longer a trend, but a classic. However, I'm not a fan of the ones with the over-sized pocket that sags and twists.

^I agree with you about it being a classic. The cuts may change but I do feel like they're here to stay.

I've just had trouble finding the perfect one. When the fit is good the material isn't and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->