Pamela apologizes for wearing Ugg boots

Heroin_Chic

Reaction score
pamela1.jpg

Baywatch star didn't realise boots were made of sheepskin

Pamela Anderson has apologised for wearing dead sheep on her feet.

The former Baywatch star, 39, says she has thrown away her favourite Ugg boots, because she didn't know they were made from shaved sheep skin.

'I'm getting rid of my Uggs,' she says on her personal website. 'I feel so guilty for that craze being started around my Baywatch days. I used to wear them with my red swimsuit to keep warm, never realising that they were SKIN! I thought they were shaved kindly.'

The mother-of-two, who is a staunch animal rights activist and member of PETA, is wracked with guilt over the fact that women the world over followed in her footsteps by wearing the animal pelt boots.

She added: 'People like to tell me all the time that I started that trend - yikes!'

Pam is disgusted she has worn her boots for so long, writing: 'It's what I grab by my door in the mornings to bring my kids to school or walk my dog on the beach at 6am or anything early. I've definitely over used them - and that's it!!!!'

http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celeb_news/celebrity_gossip_Pamela_Andersonnowmagazinecouk_article_110979.html

:rolleyes:

That's interesting she didn't know, cuz way back when-when they 1st photographed her wearing them I clearly remember them saying they were sheepskin. It was in the photo caption.

And I've heard it numerous times over and over.

Being a strict member of PETA, I wonder if she now has to check every item of clothing, every accessory, and every piece of food she buys for any trace of animal. When you put yourself in this position you probably have to be hugely careful not to contradict yourself.

Also, I thought PETA was against people owning dogs or is that another animal rights group?

So she threw them out? She could have at least donated them to Goodwill or Salvation Army or something. :rolleyes: Yeah, someone else would be wearing a "dead sheep", but at least they wouldn't go to waste!

This is the most stupid thing I have heard all week.

What about all those leather dresses she appeared in? What about all those leather shoes and handbags she has? I would also put money on her owning a leather couch too. Just a wild guess...

I don't want to open up a whole can of worms here, but you can't make these claims and be half hearted about it...its all or nothing. Even Stella McCartney has admitted to wearing leather boots (but she said it was ok becuas they were "vintage")

(sigh) :rolleyes: :innocent: :ninja:

Yes, some people are stupid. I've had to explain to dome girls that suede is a kind of leather.

^ Agreed.

I am also surprised that it took her so long...

The things people do for attention. Like seriously WTF??? You have to make an apology for this?

Bel said:
Yes, some people are stupid. I've had to explain to dome girls that suede is a kind of leather.

Hey, I just noticed that (by Pamela`s logic) I am vegan too because milk and eggs don`t come from animals but from the supermarket! :woot:

I wonder if PETA members wear diamonds ... oh wait, they only advocate for animals, not humans.

Sorry ... couldn't resist!

What did she think they were made of? Sheepskin = skin of a sheep
Easy enough to work out even for Pammy, I would have thought!

:lol: Honestly, the first thing I thought when I read this thread title was: Because they're ugly? :innocent: But I agree about not wearing sheepskin/fur/etc especially not when it's fashioned into something awful like uggs

legaldiva said:
I wonder if PETA members wear diamonds ... oh wait, they only advocate for animals, not humans.

Sorry ... couldn't resist!

Wow, what a smart comment. :smile:

Because of course if you champion a cause, you have to care about only humans right? Not only that but you have to care about every human cause! Maybe we should shut down Cancer research societies. I mean, they aren't helping stop the genocide in Africa. Bad cancer research! How could you be so SELFISH? :innocent:

I didn't know Uggs were made from sheepskin. I've seen them in the stores and they look so incredibly cheap and tacky I thought it was just synthetic crap.

misssakura said:
Wow, what a smart comment. :smile:

Because of course if you champion a cause, you have to care about only humans right? Not only that but you have to care about every human cause! Maybe we should shut down Cancer research societies. I mean, they aren't helping stop the genocide in Africa. Bad cancer research! How could you be so SELFISH? :innocent:

I think you've missed the point legaldiva was trying to make. This is a discussion regarding Pamela Anderson and her comments on wearing ugg boots. Could you please refrain from being rude, this is a place of discourse :flower:

The point is that Pamela Anderson is hardly in a position to make comments on wearing sheep skin, when she is hardly an advocator for not wearing cow skin, which is used heavily on items of everyday life.

I'm not sure if the original comment I replied to was intelligent 'discourse' Fashion Puss. However if you do believe it to be valid and totally in keeping with the original vein of the thread, that is Pamela Anderson apologising for staring an Ugg Trend (may I point out, not a thread concerning whether Pamela Anderson or PETA should champion human causes instead of animal ones) then I should point out that my reply is indeed a rebuttal and therefore counts as discourse, even if you may not agree with it, or if you interpret the tone as being 'rude'.

Pamela is allowed to care about something that may seem 'trivial' to many people who don't live by the principle of ethical living (or as close as one can get). She doesn't have to care about every single cause in the world. Just because she cares for animals, why do people instantly assume that she is somehow a lesser person for not championing a human cause? She has to do what she feels is right for her and she obviously feels very uncomfortable with her support of this product.

Some people may have wondered why she wore these products that conflict with her attitude towards animals and I think it's perfectly acceptable for her to explain herself.

She didn't start a leather fashion. She started an ugg fashion (or at least helped it along, I think it was Cameron Diaz that really kicked it off no?). Perhaps in the future she will apologise for her leather wearing days.

However, in reply to your last comment, as far as I'm aware she doesn't wear leather anymore and I haven't seen her wear leather for a while - I've seen her wearing PVC products quite a bit though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not actually sure whether that was the point legaldiva was trying to make. The comment has been made personally towards me very many times so now I find it rather funny. I suppose that doesn't translate very well over the internet.

Actually my boyfriend and I have to defend ourselves for wearing any animal products...and we have to tell people that in fact we've owned these products for a long time, even before we were vegetarian. They expect us to throw them out. Fat chance - we're poor. I doubt Pammy is poor but maybe it's a sentimental issue. Or she's stupid. Can't read labels or something.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :wink:

What a complete muppet she really is. Who does she think she is kidding with her values? She wears leather, sheepskin, etc, has $$$$$ in the bank and then assumes she has a right to preach to others.

How wrong can someone be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->