Paper Denim & Cloth Jeans

lighthaus

Reaction score
I really want to try some Paper Denim & Cloth jeans. What chain stores carry this brand and typically have the biggest selections (I'm in Long Island, NY). I go to smaller boutiques and they have two cuts and four sizes. I just can't get what I want. I'm looking for the bigger cuts, not the skinny tight cuts. Anyone know what the big cut is called for PD&C? Thanks.

they are everywhere. i would imagine nordstrom and bloomies have a crapload of them. also, barneys.

Originally posted by faust@Sep 7 2004, 11:34 AM
they are everywhere. i would imagine nordstrom and bloomies have a crapload of them. also, barneys.
[snapback]358299[/snapback]​

Nordstrom doesn't carry PD&C for men, and I can only find women's clothing on the Bloomingdales website. I guess I should have said I was a man....

the bloomies in Huntington had them the last time i was there this summer

That's weird, San Francisco Nordstrom's has a large selection of PDC for men.

Originally posted by tangerine@Sep 7 2004, 03:28 PM
That's weird, San Francisco Nordstrom's has a large selection of PDC for men.
[snapback]358493[/snapback]​

lighthaus lives in the land of traffic and abercrombie :lol:

Nordstrom in Providence only carries AG, Diesel and 7 jeans for men.....worst selection ever....Why do the same department stores in one city carry stuff that others don't?

They edit the store selections depending on the market. The San Francisco Nordstrom would cater to a large market, one which would support a variety of brands, I doubt the Nordstrom at Providence Place would do the same..its target market simply isn't the same....they would likely carry stuff they know would sell, but not the more *indie* jeans. There was a time when Sevens werent so mainstream and ubiquitious.

For instance, if you shop at the Bloomingdale's in NYC, and then go a mere 20 miles east to the one in Garden City (an affleunt NYC suburb) the selection is vastly different. The best brands they carry for men would be DKNY and Kenneth Cole :sick:

Basically the bigger markets will carry a broader selection of brands whereas the smaller markets would have a more edited, *safe* collection. It sucks, I know.

Originally posted by Diesel21@Sep 7 2004, 08:07 PM
Nordstrom in Providence only carries AG, Diesel and 7 jeans for men.....worst selection ever....Why do the same department stores in one city carry stuff that others don't?
[snapback]358681[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 8 2004, 10:09 AM
They edit the store selections depending on the market. The San Francisco Nordstrom would cater to a large market, one which would support a variety of brands, I doubt the Nordstrom at Providence Place would do the same..its target market simply isn't the same....they would likely carry stuff they know would sell, but not the more *indie* jeans. There was a time when Sevens werent so mainstream and ubiquitious.

For instance, if you shop at the Bloomingdale's in NYC, and then go a mere 20 miles east to the one in Garden City (an affleunt NYC suburb) the selection is vastly different. The best brands they carry for men would be DKNY and Kenneth Cole :sick:

Basically the bigger markets will carry a broader selection of brands whereas the smaller markets would have a more edited, *safe* collection. It sucks, I know.
[snapback]359322[/snapback]​

That's what I thought....It just sucks because Providence is such a college town with Brown, PC, JWU, RIC, and i hear my friends all the time complain how they have to travel to Boston or NYC to buy a Marc Jacobs bag or a pair of paper denims.....Nordstrom should figure this out

They have it figured out, but the key is that you are willing to travel for those goods. They (retailers) know this, and if their base (Providence residents) won't support such brands en masse, they aren't going to carry them. I've been to Providence Place and it's not that bad...perfect for that market IMO. What happens during May-Sept when college kids are gone, or during the ever important winter break. Be thankful you have the option of shopping in 2 great cities while in college...I was stuck in upstate NY and few, if any students shopped at the local malls (if you could even call them that).

Originally posted by Diesel21@Sep 8 2004, 11:34 AM
That's what I thought....It just sucks because Providence is such a college town with Brown, PC, JWU, RIC, and i hear my friends all the time complain how they have to travel to Boston or NYC to buy a Marc Jacobs bag or a pair of paper denims.....Nordstrom should figure this out
[snapback]359343[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 12 2004, 09:07 PM
They have it figured out, but the key is that you are willing to travel for those goods. They (retailers) know this, and if their base (Providence residents) won't support such brands en masse, they aren't going to carry them. I've been to Providence Place and it's not that bad...perfect for that market IMO. What happens during May-Sept when college kids are gone, or during the ever important winter break. Be thankful you have the option of shopping in 2 great cities while in college...I was stuck in upstate NY and few, if any students shopped at the local malls (if you could even call them that).
[snapback]365303[/snapback]​
www.neimanmarcus.com

True, a variety of websites sell PDC jeans, but IMO, unless you have tried on that particular cut and style, you should not order online. Waist size alone is not a good determinant of proper fit.

Originally posted by Mr. Lee@Sep 13 2004, 09:47 AM
www.neimanmarcus.com
[snapback]365717[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 13 2004, 12:01 PM
True, a variety of websites sell PDC jeans, but IMO, unless you have tried on that particular cut and style, you should not order online. Waist size alone is not a good determinant of proper fit.
[snapback]365827[/snapback]​

2nd.

Yeah, I don't want to buy online, because the fit on high-end jeans always varies. When I buy Sevens, I prepare myself to try on 8-10 pairs to find jeans that fit. Sometimes a higher numbered waist size is actually smaller that a lower number. Plus they all vary in length, and I don't like to hem jeans.

Does anyone know any specific style number or name for PD&C that has a wider fit? I have a big build, and I don't like skinny leg jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->