Denim That Fits Like Crap !!!

Hed_Kandi

Reaction score
So... I tried on a couple different pairs of jeans at the mall and I have to say that I was extremely dissapointed in the following brands.

- Paper Denim and Cloth

- Blue Cult

- Sacred Blue

- Chip and Pepper

- Rock and Republic

All these brands had horrible cuts. They sat way too high up on the waist, and the pockets did not flatter my ***. Paper denims also had a crappy cut to its flare which started about 3/4 up the knee.

This just goes to show you what hype and a little bit of advertising can do. Avoid the nasty denim at all costs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, can we get a public announcement section?

faust said:
Andy, can we get a public announcement section?
Yeah, that's be great actually - then I could tell the whole world how overhyped Paper Denim is. :wink:

Not to sound rude at all but maybe its your ***? The reason I say this is because i have some PDC jeans that fit like a dream. I'm also shaped like a damn pear. Skinny on top but wide hips and butt.

As for the others, I don't know.

Miss Sixty seems to cut their jeans super long and super small... i go up at least one size in their brand.

Best brand to make you feel good about yourself- Abercrombie jeans run on the large size (ironically the opposite can be said about their underwear and shirts)

mine

low-slung luckys are too loose at waist. also have that wash/streak at thighs that was cool 2 years ago but looks dumb now.

levis if its perfect on my bumm its too grabby in the front. still they do last forever & eventually mold to your grown shape. but the denim is not as high quality as they had 20+ ago. if you can find vintage levis they might be $200-400 but buy them

best i ever bought are ralph RRL vintage demin like 5+ years ago. modelled on 40s/50s levis exact copy still dark blue but finally got softer heavy weight denim. fit just right everywhere maybe i lucked out in the size i chose but minimal shrink & denim still tough but softer where worn/bend. cost like $400 cos vintage denims but best jeans ive had since levis straight leg slim cut in high school. best non-purple/black label ralph item ive ever bought.

Don't know about fitting like crap, but here is some denim that has been known to smell like crap!
444U345_C.JPG

I agree BabyJ on p,d&c's but I think because it sounds like we have a similar body. larger through thigh and hip but smaller on the waist. I don't think anyone should say one brand is hyped over the other. Well I mean a brand can by hyped but because we all have such different body shapes one can look horrible on most people but look amazing on that one right person. It's so relative.

Hed_Kandi said:
So... I tried on a couple different pairs of jeans at the mall and I have to say that I was extremely dissapointed in the following brands.

- Paper Denim and Cloth

- Blue Cult

- Sacred Blue

- Chip and Pepper

- Rock and Republic

All these brands had horrible cuts. They sat way too high up on the waist, and the pockets did not flatter my ***. Paper denims also had a crappy cut to its flare which started about 3/4 up the knee.

This just goes to show you what hype and a little bit of advertising can do. Avoid the nasty denim at all costs.
I think that it's probably just your body shape that makes the jeans fit the way they do. I have Sacred Blue, Chip & Pepper and Rock & Republic jeans, and they all fit me perfectly. The jeans that I love but totally don't look good in are True Religion jeans. The positioning of the back pockets makes my *** look sooo low, flat and saggy! But my best friend wears them and they look so hot on her! I like Sevens and Citizens but the cut of those would never work for my body shape either. So... I don't think you should be giving a bad name to which ever brands and telling people to "avoid the nasty denim", just based on your bad experience with them.:flower:

lady grey said:
best i ever bought are ralph RRL vintage demin like 5+ years ago.
I love my RRL jeans. They really do fit very well. I was pleasantly surprised, especially for how little I spent on them.

BabyJ said:
Not to sound rude at all but maybe its your ***? The reason I say this is because i have some PDC jeans that fit like a dream. I'm also shaped like a damn pear. Skinny on top but wide hips and butt.

As for the others, I don't know.
:lol: The way you worded this post is very funny! :lol:

Though I must add that I have a large bottum compared to the rest of me and Chip and Pepper fit me very well.

I think that sometimes with jeans you either get luck or you dont. When they have to be tight, stretchy, loose and faded in all the right spots in order for them to be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these brands fit like crap because they're cut for the average middle-aged, out-of-shape fat-*** who likes to wear their jeans two sizes too big anyway because they think that jeans which fit are for girls and that high-waists and straight legs are a thing of the past. Even if the fit were perfect you could fall asleep wearing any of these 'designer denim' brands they're all so boringly homogenous...

PrinceOfCats said:
All these brands fit like crap because they're cut for the average middle-aged, out-of-shape fat-*** who likes to wear their jeans two sizes too big anyway
that's is deffinetly not true

PrinceOfCats said:
All these brands fit like crap because they're cut for the average middle-aged, out-of-shape fat-*** who likes to wear their jeans two sizes too big anyway because they think that jeans which fit are for girls and that high-waists and straight legs are a thing of the past. Even if the fit were perfect you could fall asleep wearing any of these 'designer denim' brands they're all so boringly homogenous...
:rofl:

That's it, I'm nominating this thread for a "Best of 2004" award!

:lol:

Spacemiu said:
that's is deffinetly not true
Overweight, middle-aged, conformist Joe Ordinary has the highest effective demand for jeans (or any other basic non-essential consumer good) so any mainstream firm is going to be out of business if they don't cater to his needs.

levi's don't fit me.
i guess i could try their girl's jeans but naw..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->