Paper Magazine January 2023 : Adut, Edward, Irina, Jourdan, Karen, Kristen & Lila by Nick Knight

awww poor Lila, she looks so out of place...

These are horribly lit, and even more terribly post produced. Nick needs to forget about NFTs and his ikon-1 project because it's making his approaches with the real all the more fake and cheap looking.

But you also can't polish the turd that is this styling hack job...

Interview by Linda
Edward Enninful and Linda Evangelista on Fashion Then And Now

Director: Nick Knight
Stylist: Dena Giannini
Talent: Edward Enninful, Lila Moss, Adut Akech, Jourdan Dunn, Kristen McMenamy, Irina Shayk, Karen Elson
Hair: Sam McKnight

Makeup: Laura Dominique & Joshua
Manicurist: Adam Slee

papermag.com

Last edited:
Damn, they picked a horrible picture for the cover. Kristen looks awful!
After seeing the whole editorial, I think everyone looks terrible. From the facial expressions to the (lack of?) post production.
Major no to me.

Reactions: KoV
All of that motion and jumping, yet they all somehow look like lifeless waxworks.

Something his changed about Edward…He looks very much athletic…
It’s a terrible ed. They should have called Jean Paul Goude for this type of ed…He is the king for that.

He’s been going to the Ozempic parties

When your secret wish was always to be Caroline Trentini in a US Vogue editorial.

GAGGED HER :rofl::rofl::rofl:

when I read ‘Edward’ I was like ‘no way’ but then I opened the post and there he was :rolleyes:
girl it was only a question of time, right? smooth of him to do it with PAPER magazine I’ll give him that.

the cover however is tragic. I see a couple of broken necks and styling that reminds me of Marc Jacobs from years ago. wait a second!

the shot with Jourdan is cute and so is the one with Karen and Kristen.

On paper, this should've been a fashion spectacle. I mean you have all these incredible models, Adut and Lila (I guess Kate was busy?), you have Edward, you have Nick Knight... the result wasn't supposed to look like this. Such a shame.

How sad. There is no magic in that, Edward...

Having worked together for so long in this industry at so many different levels, how has the industry changed over that time?

Linda: Oy.

Edward: Oy. Where do we start?

Linda: Would you agree with me Edward that now, the finished product, which is the ad, the photo or the editorial is no longer the primary reason to be there? All the B-roll and social media is the reason to be there. It feels like the image ends up being the least important part.

Edward: Yeah. In the beginning, we would shoot pictures for magazines and you try to do the best pictures you can but now everything is a brand. So, like Linda is saying, there's the magazine cover which, for me, is the ultimate because it’s still the advertising for any magazine. But out of that you have to do video, audio, events. It’s no longer just one thing. But I still believe it’s what brings the magic.

The whole editorial it's bland & lifeless. Only save the image of Enninful with Karen & Kristen.

I love Kristen , but she shouldn' t have made a fortune ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->