Paranormal Activity

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by LolaSvelt, Oct 22, 2009.

1. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

Has anybody seen this? I've been wanting to see this for quite a while now. It's finally hitting cinemas next month in the UK.

2. Gainsbourg

Gainsbourg New Member

I saw it last week with my friends, I thought it was good for what it was but (without giving too much away here) I've never been a fan of "implication", I'm more visual. It certainly was NOT the "scariest movie ever made"! lol

3. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Ugh. I just saw it tonight.

WHITE: It was certainly suspenseful and surprising and creepy, but I wasn't as scared as I was hoping. The commercials show what an actual audience looked like after seeing it, but that was only at the end! Sure, it was creepy to see the covers move and to see Katie standing above the bed. For what it was, it was good. But they hype about it was misleading.

4. PinkPrincess113

PinkPrincess113 New Member

I saw it last weekend. It was pretty scary at first and then I was like uhhhh??
    white:
    i was pretty scared when i saw the video on the internet and then the beginning. there were a lot of glitches though in the editing so it wasn't too believable.

5. sill

sill Active Member

It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
    Not scary at all and very predictable..

6. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

Yes, I saw it and it wasn't great. Definitely not one of the worst films ever made, but just one of those 'overhyped' films. I love films that rely on tense build-ups (as opposed to gratuitous gore), but I was bascially waiting 90 minutes for something good to happen, but it never came...

I'm also one of those people that actually enjoyed The Blair Witch Project, too!

7. roisin

roisin New Member

way too overhyped! I have to admit, I was scared the first night...not really because of the movie itself, but because I have an overactive imagination when it comes to this stuff. But thel movie had very few actual scary moments and they weren't even that scary at that. Also, I saw the version with the original ending and I thought it was a lot better than the theatrical ending.

8. aycotqone

aycotqone New Member

I think the idea was good but it really never delivered for me. I was waiting for something to happen and it never did, one of the worst movies ive ever seen.

9. PinkPrincess113

roisin.. what was the original ending??? can you write it in white? i would like to know what happened instead!

it would've been cool if it was a true story. i don't understand why people were like so scared after they watched it. i was expecting it to be the "scariest movie ever"

10. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

^:flower:

The original ending, as attached to the video sent to potential distributors, has Katie returning to the bedroom, after the struggle heard downstairs, wielding a knife and having blood on her tank top. She sits next to the bed and rocks back and forth throughout the remainder of the following day. Her friend Amber arrives the next night and flees the house upon discovering Micah's body downstairs. When two police officers arrive, Katie comes out of her catatonic state and approaches them. The officers instruct her to drop the knife, but shoot her after the demon slams a door behind them, startling them. The film ends with the officers discovering the running camera.

11. roisin

roisin New Member

^ yes, that pretty much sums it up lol. I've heard a lot of people saying (and I agree) that the theatrical ending was a "dumbed down" version, meant to appeal to the masses. The theater ending was probably scarier, but I still prefer the original.

12. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

I would love to have seen the original. I would have peed my pants, no lie.

The theatrical ending was redone by Steven Spielberg, right?

13. Marchessa

Marchessa New Member

Yes, supposedly so they could allow room for a sequel.

I felt the movie was such a waste of time. The last eventful 20 minutes could not even save it.

14. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Oh yeahhhh, I read about the sequel on the Wiki page for the movie.

BAD IDEA. :doh: Paramount Pictures FAIL.

15. Fixyfantastica

Fixyfantastica New Member

Ah I am seeing this tomorrow at a press screening (London), can't wait!

16. PinkPrincess113

papalevante.. actually i saw that ending!!! i wonder what the theatrical ending is? could someone please explain? haha sorry, i thought i saw it but i actually saw the real one.

17. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

Spoilers:

Bascially she tabs him and throws his body to the camera. I think she sniffs him or something (I watched the crappy version on youtube) and looks at the camera in a very creepy way. She was possessed of course.

18. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Just seen it today and I was hiding under my hood most the time. Everyone is the cinema was jumping and screaming.

19. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

^ I was that for two days after I saw it. :shock: I tried to convince myself during the daylight hours that I would be okay, but I was freaking out at night. :ninja::innocent:

20. Eimii

Eimii New Member

It was the only movie i have ever been in that the whole theatre has jumped! especially at the end