Paris shopping

Mouton a Cinq Pattes ...remember that from 20 years ago indeed! Will definately pay a visit Sept 25/26/27. Only three days I have and I wonder if anyone know of any sample sale or vente privee going on.
Going with the car from Amsterdam, and will stay in Montparnasse. Heard there are no stop lights at all in Paris, i9s this true? Should I( be afraid driving into the centre without any previous driving experience in Paris?

Who the hell told you there's no stop lights in Paris ? O M G I thought I heard everything about Paris and France in general, but this one is a good one ... Of course, there are stop lights in Paris (even for bikes !).

The driving is a bit aggressive (especially in morning and evening), but you'll be fine. Careful though, don't drive on the bus lane ! Parking is an adventure though.

But to be sincere, everybody walks, rides the subway or bus, or bikes or simply take taxis (I don't know the pricing in Amsterdam but I always thought taxis are expensive in Paris - compared to NYC, for instance).

You should park somewhere outside Paris (like in Vincennes, or Nanterre - subway line 1 - I would choose Vincennes) and then just walk around or use the public transports or a bike. But I don't know, it is up to you.

Haha I now see that I have completely misread the article: http://www.thelocal.fr/20121004/paris-only-has-one-stop-sign-police
Thats what happens when I dont read properly. I already bought a parking pass for a parking garage at 5 minutes walking distance, 50 E for three days and nights. Which is reasonable for me, as where I live parking cost 5 E per hour! Thanks for warning me about the bus lanes- it will be a challenge paying attention to the road with so much eyecandy around. In the netherlands it is the season for sample sales- was hoping to find an interesting one in Paris but had no luck so far. If anyone has a tip- would be awesome! Childrens clothes I am also interested in.

Oh ok. No worries. I was so shocked some people could say that.

Well unfortunately I'm not in Paris anymore, so I can't help you about these. But I doubt there are sales at the moment (even private) - these things are pretty ruled in France. Unless things have changed, this isn't the sale season in France.

Regarding children clothing you can find some second-hand ("high fashion" designers brands) shops. I always thought this was amusing that such shops exist nowadays. In my days (the 1980s) that was Jacadi, Bonpoint, catimi or du pareil au meme, and thats it ... I'm so surprised to even remember these names.

I'm planning to go to Paris in May. I (of course) love fashion/sewing and old buildings like Versailles. Any suggestions on what to do or not to do? Where to eat?
Also would like to find a vintage Chanel black lambskin mini flap shoulder bag. Any suggestions which vintage designer stores I should visit?
Thanks in advance! :flower:

are there street fairs on the weekends?

not sure what you mean by street fairs, but they have marchés (outdoor markets) during the week or on weekends depending on the district. They have antique markets/brocantes (antique and flea markets) on weekends in certain areas too, like Clignancourt, Montreuil, and Vanves, but many other places too. Sometimes they have parades/fairs but only for special occasions :smile: You should check all of the above up online, since the dates and locations and times differ.

^yes, I was refering to the markets. Thanks for the info :smile:

(not related to shopping but I didn´t know where else to ask) you know that tree lined street that is featured in a lot of editorials, where is it exactly?

Hi girls,

I’m visiting Paris for the first time and I was planning to go for a week on Christmas and New Years time but found out the sale starts on January 8th.

My question is: is the sale worth it to skip Christmas time? I wanna have fun and explore the city but I’m also interested in shopping.

I’m mainly into vintage and unique pieces, I wanna shop in consignment and thrift stores and local boutiques, and I’m not interested in Zara and such because we have them in Egypt.

Also I wanna buy a few brand pieces/bags.

Will the outlets have more sale on sale time or same prices? Is the Hermes sale in January worth waiting?

Help a girl out pls xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->