Paris shopping

I am also studying in Paris at the moment so can understand the rent situation. I bought a few things from Oysho when I first arrived, having looked around it seemed well priced for the design and quality compared to other high street stores. So for example I bought some little shorts that I've also worn out, not just at home, for 20 euros. I think bras are around 15-20, underwear around 10? This is just from memory so might be a bit off. They also have lovely lace dresses/night gowns - usually around 30 I think.

I am also studying in Paris at the moment so can understand the rent situation. I bought a few things from Oysho when I first arrived, having looked around it seemed well priced for the design and quality compared to other high street stores. So for example I bought some little shorts that I've also worn out, not just at home, for 20 euros. I think bras are around 15-20, underwear around 10? This is just from memory so might be a bit off. They also have lovely lace dresses/night gowns - usually around 30 I think.

That sounds so lovely, and indeed the prices are quite reasonable compared to other high street stores! Thanks for letting me know, hopefully you're surviving the rent situation better than me!!

Bienvenue à Paris royaltreasure and darkglass2009!

"Cheap" always depends on your budget of course. Right now I'm so broke after taxes that even H&M is out of reach this month.

Speaking of which I think their lingerie (at least the basic line) is okay for the price, an ensemble amounts to less than 20 euros.

Oysho is part of the Inditex group (Zara), it's very lovely but last I checked the cup sizes don't go up to C (bummer for me). The clothes sold are very cute though.

Also right now lots of stores have promotions and around November sample sales and private sales will start. Sales will only begin early January though...

Merci Aby!

That is very interesting about the promotions and sample sales, will have to keep an eye out. What is the different between the 'sales' and the promotions? Is it just a matter of regulation and being 'allowed' to call it 'les soldes' or is there a difference in discounts?

^it's a matter of regulation. Bsically, soldes are about letting go of the stock and items can be sold "à perte" (less or no margins), tag must show before and after price.
Promotions are more framed and regulated : on certain items only for the promo.

Dear TFSers, I'm leaving for Paris on Tuesday! :smile: I'd love to know if you could recommend me any nice, cheap clothes shops, like a French version of H&M and Zara. Last time I was there was 4 years ago, and I remember just places like "Morgan de toi" or similar. So what is your advice?

JuliaC I would recommend COS to anyone...but it's a Swedish brand, and more precisely it's a higher end/more elegant/big sister line of H&M (same company) and I'm not sure if you have the shop in Milano... if not, it's totally worth paying a visit :wink:

Oh thanks, I had never heard of that! No, we don't thave it in Italy, it's a great tip anyway, I'm checking it out! Thanks lovely :wink:

Hi guys. Im not seeking for clothes shopping, but magazine. My friend is going to Paris tmr and I asked her to buy Vogue Paris Collections SS11 for me (the latest Collections issue).
She will travel by metro and hang around Disneyland, can you guys give me some locations to purchase the issue ? Where is it usually available at ? Till this point of time which place is most likely to still have it on sale ? How about international airport ?

Please give me any names of places. This is very important. Im willing to buy pre-owned, as long as without tears or serious damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. Im not seeking for clothes shopping, but magazine. My friend is going to Paris tmr and I asked her to buy Vogue Paris Collections SS11 for me (the latest Collections issue).
She will travel by metro and hang around Disneyland, can you guys give me some locations to purchase the issue ? Where is it usually available at ? Till this point of time which place is most likely to still have it on sale ? How about international airport ?

Please give me any names of places. This is very important. Im willing to buy pre-owned, as long as without tears or serious damage.

Hope it's not too late to help, but your friend can find the Vogue Paris Collections SS11 at pretty much any newsstand (Relay in the airports and train stations), or any magasin de presse (try Publicis Drugstore or even Virgin Megastore and Fnac). It's still being sold (I still see them in the windows of the newsstands). It's a little expensive, but worth every centime. Good luck! :flower:

Hello everyone :heart:

I was reading this thread pretty carefully and found some posts about shopping vintage clothes in 'Le Marais', but can anyone tell me if there is some place in Paris like market where people sell vintage and second hand clothes? More vintage than second hand... :smile:
I am going to Paris on May 19. for a week and looking forward for some sweet shopping, after all... :smile:

:flower:

So excited, I am going to paris and around milan, st tropez, cannes, ibiza on May 2nd!
Cannot wait to go shopping.

Are there any sites that list sample sales in Paris? Are there even sample sales in Paris?

There are. It is actually the time now of SS sample sales. My mailbox is full of invitation cards!

are there any good consignment shops? i'm looking for a vintage chanel flap. how do they usually range price wise?

I've never been in Paris before, what's the opening time for stores like Printemps and stores at Rue St Honoré and Av. des Champs Elysées during the summer?

Hi I'm going to Paris in September and I've been looking for Jeffrey Campbell mens shoes. I was wondering are there any shops in Paris that sell Jeffrey Campbell mens shoes? And also open for other suggestions if you have where to find mens heels. Not something feminine more on the edgy sides. Studs, leather, wedge heel, goth, rock, fashionable! Also if you guys know some great places for awesome clothing something androgynious and cool!

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->