Pat McGrath Labs 'Dark Star Mascara' 2020 by Steven Meisel

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Hair Styling: Guido Palau
Make-up: Pat McGrath
Models: Irina Shayk, Damian Hurley, Naomi Campbell, Marisa Berenson, Hudson Kroenig, Salomon Diaz, Maty Fall Diba, Leon Dame, Tess McMillan

Schermata%202020-07-10%20alle%2016.24.21.png

Schermata%202020-07-10%20alle%2016.24.52.png

Schermata%202020-07-10%20alle%2016.24.32.png

Schermata%202020-07-10%20alle%2016.24.42.png

Schermata%202020-07-10%20alle%2016.25.03.png

vogue.it

What is Karl’s godson/heir doing here? Lol
It’s very slick and chic. I expected something more surprising but I must admit that Naomi does nothing for me in this campaign.

First photo looks like a depressing copy of that glorious Vanessa Axente’s Vogue Italia cover.

Instantly obsessed! No one shoots studio like Meisel!! Damian is a f*cking superstar! That face is pure perfection and if there's one nepotism child fashion must embrace, it's him. Lila Moss is quaking in her mediocre boots. Marisa was a welcome surprise! You'd think Karl's godson's career would die with Karl... apparently not. Whoever did the casting for this project made some excellent choices! One superstar next to another and everyone is shining thanks to Meisel!

With Edward doing all these boring projects in every issue, I've been missing my Meisel fix since March! This campaign was like a breath of fashionable and beautiful fresh air that only Meisel can provide. Hoping for another British Vogue cover now. Only he can excuse that terrible reset issue I wish to forget!

Naomi could be the proven supreme head of the Illuminati, and people would still continue to hire her.
I think as long as her implication in the case is « surface level », people will continue to hire her. As for now, she is just guilty of knowing him.

If her name is more deeply involved, she might do like she did after the blood diamonds controversy: retire a little bit and then comeback.

That being said, Naomi has always used controversies to her advantage.

I love everything about this, except the heavy retouching (mainly on Marisa's face).

A bit disappointed the images are so lackluster considering the casting. And I really think Naomi has hit over-exposure territory. It's become boring. On top of that, all the Epstein drama is just horrible. She should not still be booking campaigns.

The retouch on Maty Fall Diba looks so uncanny I thought it was done by CGI. But classic Meisel will never fail.

The retouching is crazy but I'm still here for this campaign. (Marisa Berenson, and that shot of Damian under Irina? Yes please!) And I wish I could dislike Naomi's teaser but it's just.. good.

That being said, Naomi has always used controversies to her advantage.

Aye, I'm not even talking about the current drama - Bert and Ernie are probably on The List as well - but at a time when people are being ripped to shreds online for something they said when they were young and ignorant, you have a woman who's been convicted of violence several times over, with a long history of being connected to some very unsavoury things, and yet everyone's still happy to promote their friendship with her.

Do I care that Naomi is not particularly nice? She's a good model. But anyone choosing to hire her makes a mockery of everything else they might currently be spouting about "values".

If values mattered, this would be the time to create new legends, rather than to continue recycling contaminated material.

It could be better, but I suppy this is way ahead most beauty campaigns. Except Nars and MJ Beauty. Mostly impressed with Damian Hurley. I find the cast very cookie cutter. She went with the most conventionally beautiful models which is not a bad thing at all, but it just doesn't move the needle. Could easily have been a 2007 campaign. Maybe that's also fine because her beauty ideals are very 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->