Patrik Rzepski F/W 06.07 NYC

The first outfit looks like some punk-emo school girl uniform.... :ninja:

I don't see how interesting the menswear is... just as crappy....

ITs cool, buts its too safe. I love the looks though I find them to be very wearable.

softgrey said:
i don't know how this qualifies as 'designer'...??...:ermm:...

looks like h&m to me...

He has basic sewing skills and it seems his technical knowledge of pattern cutting and creating three dimentional shapes on a flat surface is not properly developed (thus his exessive use of knit fabrics).
I liked him the first few seasons but he seems to be using the same patterns and details over and over, from season to season.
in essence, he is not a good designer and has very limited range.
The problem he now has is how to develop himself after he has thrown himself out to the public as a professional designer.
i hopes he figures it out, but this is a lesson to upstarts that you dont promote yourself as a pro. without at least learning the fundamentals of the profession

I look at it more as being uncomplicated. There's a point of view, he's channeling teenage angst and the energy of lives lived on the fringe. These clothes, the materials, the cutting and so on fit a particular price point. He's slowly building something and I think that's to be noted. So many designer upstarts get addicted to a luxury that they don't understand and aren't committed to developing their own personal point of view and understanding the business. You can control production with clothes like these, make sure they get to where they need to get to ontime and not have a million people on staff to make sure of that. Fashion is about a hell of a lot more than just cutting.

poor. I dont even know why I continue to look at his work. Cmon...ill-fitting, shapeless, unflattering. Not to mention lack of technical skills, and even worse, the design eye is just pitiful. I know I sound harsh, but I'm just out of patience for this guy. Why is he getting so much publicity when there are countless others who are simply 100-percent better?

birdofparadise said:
I look at it more as being uncomplicated. There's a point of view, he's channeling teenage angst and the energy of lives lived on the fringe. These clothes, the materials, the cutting and so on fit a particular price point. He's slowly building something and I think that's to be noted. So many designer upstarts get addicted to a luxury that they don't understand and aren't committed to developing their own personal point of view and understanding the business. You can control production with clothes like these, make sure they get to where they need to get to ontime and not have a million people on staff to make sure of that. Fashion is about a hell of a lot more than just cutting.
yes!
cheap clothing with true design! the dream of my life

def. not as great as i hoped it would be.
i do like sara ziff and louise pedersen's outfits though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->