Patrik Rzepski S/s 2005

The color and print is really brave and strong, I like it alot plus he got really cool girls!!!!!

Originally posted by seraphelle@Oct 15 2004, 01:25 PM
I think that last black dress is pretty bad :ninja:
[snapback]397754[/snapback]​
that is the one look that doesnt have crazy amounts of color, the yellow is so out there but it looks so good, :heart: that yellow dress on Kim Peers

Actually,the one on Kim is just a t'shirt paired with the same style skirt as that dress.
Its a very lovely shape(one of my favorite shapes)and has a sort of nonchalant sense of elegance.

What's so wrong with that dress?? Ab,notice that it's Noot Snear(?)...

How does he get these girls to model for him,I wonder? I'm sure that having Kim there,it must cost something...and I doubt with the stature of his business he isn't actually rolling in it either. Last two seasons he had Ciara Nugent and the Asian girl(don't remember her name) with the punkish pixie cut(who's been modelling for alot of designers this season)...

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 16 2004, 11:18 PM
Actually,the one on Kim is just a t'shirt paired with the same style skirt as that dress.
Its a very lovely shape(one of my favorite shapes)and has a sort of nonchalant sense of elegance.

What's so wrong with that dress?? Ab,notice that it's Noot Snear(?)...

How does he get these girls to model for him,I wonder? I'm sure that having Kim there,it must cost something...and I doubt with the stature of his business he isn't actually rolling in it either. Last two seasons he had Ciara Nugent and the Asian girl(don't remember her name) with the punkish pixie cut(who's been modelling for alot of designers this season)...
[snapback]399180[/snapback]​
check out the bottom row on: http://patrikrzepski.com/baadertemp.html i think thats Kim Peers in that yellow dress that i am gaga for. The models he gets are really cool Kim Peers, Noot, Kamila S., Sara Ziff, Vanessa Perron wowowowow!!!! and I know Lisa Daveis always does his shows

ps- love Lisa's red hair!!!

Oh,no wonder I questioned....I didn't even see all of them on the shockwave feature of the collection. Thank you and sorry!

Yes,that's definitely Kim,all right. And that's a lovely dress.

I like this collection even more now.

Especially these:

Scott you must get the magazine Metro Pop, their based in LA, but they have a NYC/LA issue with a interview with Patrick R., if you can't find it may be I can transcribe some for you...

I don't think my local bookshop carries that so perhaps you could possibly transcribe..I wouldn't mind reading that,actually. He rarely does interviews,I hear.

If you want to,whichever is the easiest,just e-mail to me or post it here.

here is a bit of a transcribtion (shortend down) for you :flower:

When i reach Patrik Rzepski on the telephone in his NY studio, he is nothing like the prima donna I expected "Right now I'm working- 4 frinds of mine are working in a one bedroom apartment, We're cutting fabric on the floor. we sew everything; we do everything here. I expected him to be stuck on himself after having his first collection at 18, and being in the pages of Elle and Bazaar.

Rzeski is as plesant as could be. he is modest, soberly aware of his space in on small corner of NY fashion world and confidently ambitious, with nos ens of entailment. " It seems that every one who's a teen or a pre-teen ha stheir own line" he offers with self depreacating charm.

This cool maturity comes from having alot of experience as a designer- he is now 21 and producing his 6th collection. But his awarness is also a matter of early succes and unforseen setbacks. "My first collection was supposed to be shown on september 11, 2001, it was going to be in the basment of CBGB. That obviously got cancelled, but I re-showed in October in a quick little abbreviated fashion week. It was in the basment of CBGB :heart: .

the designer's unique vision has manifested itself most poignantly in his S/S 2004 collection "We Miss You Myra". wich playfully explored Myra Hindly, an infous English murder from the 60's. While the press lached onto the moreliteral refrences, the collection was a metaphore for Rzepski's own growth. " the collection was really about a girl in her teens who has a unhealthy intrest with murder, kind of goingthrough the paces of what everybody does in their little self inspection in the teen years."

He has wisely chosen to venture out into new territory. "I think the important thing right now is to present something new and somethingthat people actually want to see. I think it's kind of pointless to repeat old collections and try and pull it off as something you did on your own."

The current collection(fall 2005) also more overtly addresse the idiosuncratic elements of handmade production that have been a recent and developing design theme. "it's all kind of made with care. There's only going to be two or three of something. it's more of a really intimate feel. the pieces do appear almost unrepeatable, with odd pairings of materials and unfishished hems render the clothing unique. "People who see the clothes they know that it's all hands-on".

Thanks Space :flower:

He sounds like such a cool guy,non? I liked what he said about hand-made feeling intimate.

And being only 21....sort of anti-Zac Posen :lol:

it's funny how all these people have these high ideas about him but then you see that thing from WWD about a sample sale to raise money for his show, if he doesn't have money how does he do it? does he have backers? how does that happen? and How does he get those girls? Sara Ziff and Kim Peers TOO wow wow :woot:

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 17 2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks Space :flower:

He sounds like such a cool guy,non? I liked what he said about hand-made feeling intimate.

And being only 21....sort of anti-Zac Posen :lol:
[snapback]400323[/snapback]​

he does seem cool, much cooler than super anoying Zac Crapsen :innocent: :lol:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 17 2004, 11:45 PM
he does seem cool, much cooler than super anoying Zac Crapsen :innocent: :lol:
[snapback]400329[/snapback]​
hahaha glad to hear i am not the only one that thinks the same way :P

ditto on that.

Ab,I read that thing too about raising money for the next show. That's what I wonder...if he doesn't have the kind of money to produce collections how does he get these well-versed young ladies to model for him??

Don't you think that perhaps he should scout more on the streets rather than paying the big money for big named models? That's actually how Kim Peers got her start... she was scouted on the streets of Antwerp by Jurgi Persoons and began as a showroom model for him. He needs to save that money to keep doing good collections,I say.

I have seen him out with a lot of the models. He is always with Deanna Miller and Lisa Davies i think there was a thing in page6 awhile back about Deanna Miller in one of his dresses. Maybe they all do his show cause they're friends? I doubt he could pay those girls rates :shock:

Speaking of models, where's Ciara Nugent in all of this? She did his last few shows...

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 17 2004, 09:03 PM
ditto on that.

Ab,I read that thing too about raising money for the next show. That's what I wonder...if he doesn't have the kind of money to produce collections how does he get these well-versed young ladies to model for him??

Don't you think that perhaps he should scout more on the streets rather than paying the big money for big named models? That's actually how Kim Peers got her start... she was scouted on the streets of Antwerp by Jurgi Persoons and began as a showroom model for him. He needs to save that money to keep doing good collections,I say.
[snapback]400354[/snapback]​

may be they do it for clothes? or may be she is a friend?

i asked my friend who helped at his show in feb. and she said all the girls do the shows for clothes, but most are his friends. She also said Patrik's parents cater backstage :woot: too cute!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->