Pattie Boyd

well thats true. maybe its just her teeth that threw me off.
call me crazy but I recall her having a little gap between her front teeths?

I just finished her book ,,her life is like this wonderful fairytale ,,except it really wasnt all that pretty.
Im still envious of her :ninja:

yep she had a gap...but she closed it as you can see:
gap.jpg

4257.jpg
google.com

I came across her book at Barnes and Nobles while getting I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert and I'm very excited to read it. Unfortunately, it seems it mostly concerns Harrison and Clapton, which is what most people are most interested in, but I want to hear all about her modeling and Mary Quant!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, her book was a real bore, and she was also a total doormat in her relationships w/ both Harrison and Clapton.

I came across her book at Barnes and Nobles while getting I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert and I'm very excited to read it. Unfortunately, it seems it mostly concerns Harrison and Clapton, which is what most people are most interested in, but I want to hear all about her modeling and Mary Quant!

oh yeah that what i thougt... she had a great modeling career , i hoped shell tell about it ...bummer.

Someone should write a book about the 60s and all the models. Or has someone already? I've come across a lot of books on the 60s, especially Warhol, The Beatles, and the San Fransisco scene, but not really any on the models of the time. I want Quant by Quant and Twiggy's book she wrote in the 60s, but they're out of print.

Does anyone have any pictures from when Pattie and her sister Jenny got to model together or any from the one time Pattie, Jenny, and their other sister Paula got to model together?

Thank you! You're awesome!

I tried to join that group a while ago, but never heard back. Is it still active?

Is there a thread for her? I've searched and searched and nothing came up. If not, let's start one, I've got loads of pics!

She was/is so beautiful and had great style.

All photos from Something About Patti Boyd Yahoo Group

82nfk7b.jpg

Why are all of these Rock&Roll girlfriends considered "icons from the past" ?? May I suggest a new section called- Rock & Roll girlfriends & Children ?? It makes sense, most didn't have careers or do anything and their styles were NOT that influential save for Marianne Faithful who actually had her own music career. Yea Patti was a "model" but c'mon, Icon from the past?? Same with all the other "girlfriends" in this section. Sorry if I angered fans of her but really, what are you fans of exactly??

*Awaits tomatoes and/or rocks*

Well, Stereo, Patti's style was influential in that time, as normal people did not dress in that way. Also, the Beatles were northern lads, and didn't like their girls having careers, and that caused quite the rift between Jane Asher and Paul McCartney. It was common in the 60's for married women to no have careers.

She did have a great modeling career also. Why the hate? We enjoy her beauty and style so just chill out.

I's not hate, it's confusion. And a modeling career in the 60's doesn't merit a thread imo. An example: Edie Sedgewick was also just a model in the 60's but her style was actually influential.

Oh well, apples and oranges. I'll get out of the thread now :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->