Paul Newman

There's a new retrospective article on Paul in Vanity Fair (their timing's a bit interesting, I must say :P), here's an adorable new picture :blush:

2760106906171df6b663oou0.jpg

source: http://community.livejournal.com/newmaniacs

My pleasure hun, thanks for the karma! :heart: I'll probably end up having to buy the issue too, heh ^_^

Oh, and, I'm on the run but more scans were posted here. :flower:

Ah... Paul Newman! A truely decent man. I love his blue eyes. My dad had eyes like him...

Made some stills from Sweet Bird of Youth (1962). Although the content is a bit watered-down from the original Tennessee Williams play, 'tis a good movie and Paul looked divine in it. B)

Pdvd_000.png

Pdvd_066.png

Pdvd_075.png

Pdvd_078.png

Pdvd_082.png

Pdvd_085.png

Pdvd_088.png

Pdvd_121.png

Pdvd_131.png

Pdvd_144.png

Pdvd_150.png

Pdvd_160.png

Rest in peace, Mr. Newman
:cry:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080927/nysa002.html?.v=101

Newman's Own Foundation Celebrates the Life and Legacy of Paul Newman
Saturday September 27, 9:14 am ET (January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008)

WESTPORT, Conn., Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ --

Remembering the life and legacy of Paul Newman, Newman's Own Foundation has issued a statement. The statement, from Vice-Chairman Robert Forrester, follows:

"Paul Newman's craft was acting. His passion was racing. His love was his family and friends. And his heart and soul were dedicated to helping make the world a better place for all.

"Paul had an abiding belief in the role that luck plays in one's life, and its randomness. He was quick to acknowledge the good fortune he had in his own life, beginning with being born in America, and was acutely aware of how unlucky so many others were. True to his character, he quietly devoted himself to helping offset this imbalance.

"An exceptional example is the legacy of Newman's Own. What started as something of a joke in the basement of his home, turned into a highly-respected, multi-million dollar a year food company. And true to form, he shared this good fortune by donating all the profits and royalties he earned to thousands of charities around the world, a total which now exceeds $250 million.

"While his philanthropic interests and donations were wide-ranging, he was especially committed to the thousands of children with life-threatening conditions served by the Hole in the Wall Camps, which he helped start over 20 years ago. He saw the Camps as places where kids could escape the fear, pain and isolation of their conditions, kick back, and raise a little hell. Today, there are 11 Camps around the world, with additional programs in Africa and Vietnam. Through the Camps, well over 135,000 children have had the chance to experience what childhood was meant to be.

"In Paul's words: "I wanted to acknowledge luck; the chance and benevolence of it in my life, and the brutality of it in the lives of others, who might not be allowed the good fortune of a lifetime to correct it."

"Paul took advantage of what life offered him, and while personally reluctant to acknowledge that he was doing anything special, he forever changed the lives of many with his generosity, humor, and humanness. His legacy lives on in the charities he supported and the Hole in the Wall Camps, for which he cared so much.
"We will miss our friend Paul Newman, but are lucky ourselves to have known such a remarkable person."

i can't believe it....he was a wonderful actor. he will be missed.

... :cry::cry::cry:

I clicked this thread totally not suspecting that. Although I've been dreading this for weeks now and am so glad he lived a long life, it's still a big shock and hard to imagine that he isn't with us anymore. :(

R.I.P. Paul, thanks for everything :heart:

... :cry::cry::cry:

I clicked this thread totally not suspecting that. Although I've been dreading this for weeks now and am so glad he lived a long life, it's still a big shock and hard to imagine that he isn't with us anymore. :(

R.I.P. Paul, thanks for everything :heart:

I know. A Very sad day.

This is incredibly sad news. :cry: Hollywood has lost one of its last great stars. Although he has passed away to soon it's nice to know he has been immortalised in film and will always be remembered as a fine actor, great humanitarian and wonderful human being. May he rest in peace. :heart:

With my adoration:blush:...

R.I.P Paul Newman
gettyimages

I froze with disbelief when I heard the tragic news on the radio. Even though he has been ill for a while, I convinced myself that it was just typical hollywood gossip and he would get better. His publicist denied that he had cancer.

I suppose this just goes to show what a private man Paul was. He was a remarkable actor, an exemplary human being who has accomplished so much during his lifetime. His dedication to his charity work was admirable. Paul along with his wife Joanne both set such a wonderful example of true love and devotion.

I admired Paul Newman as an actor, whose movies have provided me with entertainment over the years. His beauty and his ocean eyes mesmerized and captivated me. I have never laid eyes on someone so beautiful! More importantly, his good looks were surpassed by his kind heart, integrity and huge generosity. A true Hollywood Legend capable of great philanthropy, who didn't feel the need to issue a press release every time he made a charitable contribution.

I am really sad that he's gone.....it's so weird that there will be no more films with Paul, no more interviews.....:( But on the other hand, I guess, we should be celebrating his accomplishments in all his glorious 83 years.

R.I.P. Paul Newman :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->