Petite and Plus Sized Models

Shannean Gormley has been with IMG for about a year, she's a size 12: http://www.imgmodels.com/details.as....jpg&subid=5569&mainsubid=5569&catID=2&indx=5
Possibly others on the development board as well, I didn't check the entire development section.

Noemi Manser has been with IMG Paris since last January, maybe she will be added to the NY board soon as well.

I would expect that the number of girls will only increase, however it won't be all that easy to simply click on 'Plus division' to see them:

Ivan Bart, the managing director and senior vice president of IMG Models, announced that he is planning to up the agency’s diversity factor by scouting models of all shapes, sizes, ages, races and heights and integrating the talent. Bart told US Cosmopolitan magazine, “We want to be an ageless, raceless, weightless agency.”

This is pretty much how JAG is marketing themselves as well. I hope the girls all keep working and getting top jobs no matter who or how they are marketed. All that is just sales hype anyhow

Thanks for the compliment, fashionfan222 :blush:

I had completely forgotten to include in that post that Storm Models in the UK (the agency famed for discovering Kate Moss all those years ago) now also has a Curve division, though the models mostly teeter on the wrong side of UK8/10.... So yeah, agencies have zero influence on the size that clients book, right?? :innocent:

Bdg413ECcAABybS.jpg:large

(screencap from storm website)

^ interesting considering Alyona has been back on the Women Milan board for quite some time now, as a straight size.

Well it wouldn't be the first time agencies have marketed the model as other than their actual size. Or in some cases, had them on both regular and plus boards at different sizes *coughpaddingcough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->