Phoebe Philo - Designer

experimenting with shape/cute but never to theatrical and edge of fly latin /black girls

I am a Latin girl myself and I have yet to see that. :lol: This comment is simply unnecessary and risible, because it lacks any hint of truth and it is stereotyping people of color, besides attempting to see the alleged 'theatrical' and 'edge' in the latter as something negative or nothing that people should aspire to.

I think the row has just taken up a lot of the “quiet luxury” conversation and she’s having trouble regaining her audience

I don't think Phoebe Philo is intending to be in the 'quiet luxury' conversation as she was never a part of it. To classify her body of work as such is reductive and erroneous.

It's a very interesting collection I like it there's some nice things here and there but all of this quiet luxury is going to come to a crashing halt, glamor will prevail in 2 years or some new form of it. This is Chic but it's also very bleak we live in a bleak world and there's no fantasy here. If you watch all of these quiet luxury collections in one it's actually terrified.

I fail to see the use of shearling jogging trousers, a trench coat with a train, as well as this apron full-length half-skirt she's come up with this season. She must be trolling her audience at this point, clearly those kind of clothes aren't conceived for her woman to have an active lifestyle.

Also, I wanna see her fans dragging their
1500€-and-upwards slouchy pants through the dirt since nobody seems to bother hemming them to a walkable length.

I know she’s focusing on her brand and not working for another namesake, but this is how I’d imagine margiela in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhHellMel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->