Phoebe Philo - Designer

I guess one of the reason for that high price is she dragged launching too much. I heard that she started again her collections few times from the scratch, and it postponed her brand launching maybe 2 or 3 years than initially expected. Therefore, she should have kept her employees for 2 or 3 years without any result. (She hired really a lot of people considering the average size of designer brand in London) It would have costed really a lot of money.

I believe positioning her brand on that price really hepled her brand makes profitable at least in short term. We will see how it will affect on long term.
I believe it, especially since her original head of rtw went to Burberry before her brand launched

^ a decision he surely must be regretting now

although from what i've heard the sales at phoebe are very bad as well
Just one scroll on the website it's clear that it's been a soft start sales wise .....to say the least :-/

^ a decision he surely must be regretting now

although from what i've heard the sales at phoebe are very bad as well
Yes they are … i also heard they want to redesign their website asap as they thought it would all sell out, and that was their goal to show that off. But now things just sit on there, in every size. Guess her time has passed.

Yes they are … i also heard they want to redesign their website asap as they thought it would all sell out, and that was their goal to show that off. But now things just sit on there, in every size. Guess her time has passed.
So her whole career is in shambles because of 1 collection?
I wonder how they would expect everything to sell out if they aren’t following seasonal releases and only 1 retail space around the world.
Come on guys…

Its gonna be a rough road for her unless she gets in some trend or scandal where insta crowd will notice her.

I think some members places unrealistic expectations around this brand.
Because of the reception of the first drop, expecting a constant « sold out » state is ridiculous. Assuming that the strategy of the brand is not working because it doesn’t suit your expectations is ridiculous.

I’m maybe naive but I’m glad that I can shop at a brand for 6 months (or more) without having to rush because the next collection is coming. Clearly, some pieces are permanent.

So, I’m very confused by some comments.

Instead of reclaiming her aesthetics, maybe she should just move on from that aesthetics when every Philophile has done it to death during her absence. She is more capable than that, no?

the main problem is the distribution. Can't really sell much from 1 website and 1 store. is her brand even on any other online platform?

the main problem is the distribution. Can't really sell much from 1 website and 1 store. is her brand even on any other online platform?
As she said in a interview, it will come. You can’t expect much with 2 drops in 6 months. And I suspect that some items from previous drops will be part of the releases in stores.

She is clearly going the Alaia route on this project. So to expect pieces to sell out on every drop is unrealistic. This is not a collaboration lol.

As long as her pocket can hit the incoming blows until the time comes...

The products are mostly good and definitely desirable.

As long as her pocket can hit the incoming blows until the time comes...

The products are mostly good and definitely desirable.
i am sure part of the business plan was not to break even in first year ...i think once she found the right way forward both creatively and business wise and be consistent it will click if the row can do it why not Phoebe.

i do hope she will do a show /presentation seeing the clothes in motion with her chosen space and music and girls ...this will help allot for building up momentum and interaction ...its basic i know but humans still are human and seeing something in motion and in a environment will always triumph over still images on screen.

then also places to go and shop IRL there needs to be some feeling of permanence to the name and brand even if new.

also i doubt so many splitted drops works and the idea of FOMO shopping feels old and not sophisticated ...just a feeling

I went through the website, while it does need a revamp, the clothes are great, all very desirable but the prices have to come down.

i am sure part of the business plan was not to break even in first year ...i think once she found the right way forward both creatively and business wise and be consistent it will click if the row can do it why not Phoebe.

i do hope she will do a show /presentation seeing the clothes in motion with her chosen space and music and girls ...this will help allot for building up momentum and interaction ...its basic i know but humans still are human and seeing something in motion and in a environment will always triumph over still images on screen.

then also places to go and shop IRL there needs to be some feeling of permanence to the name and brand even if new.

also i doubt so many splitted drops works and the idea of FOMO shopping feels old and not sophisticated ...just a feeling

I agree with you. For someone that did not want Celine to go online back in her day, it suprises me that she is now all in in e-commerce from the jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidedoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->