Picture Me: A Model's Diary (Documentary Film)

I remember last fashion week, there was controversy about auguste abuilante crying on the runway , people were quick to jump in with comments about how the poor thing was probably homesick so far away from home too young having her hair pulled etc, critics were so focussed on their portrayal of her as a victim that they didn't even want to listen to Auguste's own experience that she loved and enjoyed and was excited for the show but that her eyes watered under the sensitive lights

You realize it is not possible for a model to make any public comment that would leave an important client open to criticism. The model says what her agent tells her to say. Like her height and hip measurements.

Because they're still making arrangements with the distributors, as far as I know.

i think this film would do very well in select theatres... there are TONS of fashion buffs out there that would love to see this movie (like me :D)

i want to watch this so bad!

i wonder if we'll get more videos of it!

This doesn't come as a big surprise to me, as i've always known this business was going on behind closed door in the fashion industry. I still find it so incredibly sad though.. I can't imagine how many models must be keeping this to themselves out of fear or shame, male models especially.

But I really don't know how often it happens and to who of course..

I always found it suspicious how close Jessica Stam and Steven Meisel were, but I could very well be wrong, she could just have been his muse.. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
steven meisel is gay and stam was his muse for a long time.

I need to see this documentary, I´m always so curious about what`s happening really.Do You think it could be found on youtube..?

most likey not. if theres was someway that it could be purchased online then maybe... but only a few people have their hands on it (and i dont think they would be the kind to display it on youtube for free :()

I can't wait to watch it! We've been waiting a while, but hopefully it will be released via Youtube or somewhere on the internet in the near future. If it isn't availabe on the internet, I wouldn't mind paying for the DVD either :smile:

They brought a small feature about it on Austrian TV some days ago... So I'm hoping it will be screened at least in some "indie"-cinemas here. It would be so interesting! I agree with you, Bamhutt, I think I'd even buy the DVD if that is the only way to watch it.

^ thanks for those! :flower: the vid works for me :smile:

The part where she cries and mentions about that photographer breaks my heart! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->